Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

lost, sad, and confused

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 26 Replies
I left my dh Thursday and I am having a really hard time with it tonight. I don't know if we are over for good, but I'm just so hurt by his actions. He didn't cheat on me or hit me, but he doesn't handle his stresses and emotions in the best way whatsoever. In fact he can be down right stupid and not think of the consequnces of his actions. I think he's selfish and not ready for this baby we are about to have. I don't think he realizes that a baby is only going to bring more stress. We have still been texting and he gave me some money today. (I don't work.) And we are supposed to go to dinner tomorrow. He's at his friends house drinking tonight. The friend I hate and hates me. Every time he is with this friend he does something stupid or even worse like tonight doesn't talk to me. I don't trust him with this friend. This situation right here is why I don't think I will go back.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:30 AM
:(

Are you preg now? If not cut your losses.

If you are you still could but it's at least worth a shot. Frustrating.
katallison
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I am 20 weeks. :/ I think even though I'm pregnant, it might be better to still cut my losses. I don't want to live such a negative life anymore, especially not with a baby.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

SpiritedMom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sorry to hear that - relationships can be so tough. Having said that - they are also very rewarding and contribute so much to making our lives stable and peaceful. Can you think about whether the issues you are having with your dh really so bad that you have to end the whole thing? In my opinion there are a lot of ass*oLe*s out there - and a man who takes care of you, loves you, treats you well is hard to come by...nobody is perfect and if the good parts outweight the bad ones I think its worth carrying on a bit longer and try to work it out.

Rosebud333776
by Trish on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Well I'm on the fence. People can surprise you. Then again- they also disappoint.

Take it slow and see how it goes. You have time before you have a bonded family.

You may just have to move on separate. Let him know you're not afraid of that- but willing to try. :(

Quoting katallison:

Yeah, I am 20 weeks. :/ I think even though I'm pregnant, it might be better to still cut my losses. I don't want to live such a negative life anymore, especially not with a baby.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

susieQ680
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

u can do it buy yourself  he sounds like a loser and won't help . u can find a better person for u and i kid . u need to talk let me know k

katallison
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I mean the man I met compared to the man he is today, is a totally different man. For the better. I am just so tired of the fighting, yelling, and screaming. He can be perfectly fine and then the next thing I know I've set him off and it's a huge who can yell louder fight. And he's not the type to take his space and cool down like I am, he just wants to keep fighting, always thinking its solving something. And as much as I hate to say it and as much as he has improved on it, he still and in my opinion will always have a drinking problem. ANY time he drinks, it's a fight between us, because of me. I don't like drinking and I don't want to be with someone who drinks. Since I've left him, he's drank every night. I left him to pay the bills, usually my job, and he's out spending the bill money, instead of paying the bills! So what does that mean? It means when and if I go home, once he realizes we have no money to pay the bills, he's gonna be stressed and guess who he's gonna take it out on..me. I know that not every relationship is perfect, but I feel like we've been doing this for a long time and it's still not even good. Of course we have good times, but I want a man...not a little boy still trying to grow up at the age of 26. He's not even responsible enough to pay the bills, and that just irks me!

Quoting SpiritedMom2:

Sorry to hear that - relationships can be so tough. Having said that - they are also very rewarding and contribute so much to making our lives stable and peaceful. Can you think about whether the issues you are having with your dh really so bad that you have to end the whole thing? In my opinion there are a lot of ass*oLe*s out there - and a man who takes care of you, loves you, treats you well is hard to come by...nobody is perfect and if the good parts outweight the bad ones I think its worth carrying on a bit longer and try to work it out.

katallison
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Thank you. I want a man, not a little 26 year old boy to raise my daughter with, and if he's not going to be a man, then I want out and I will do it by myself.

Quoting susieQ680:

u can do it buy yourself  he sounds like a loser and won't help . u can find a better person for u and i kid . u need to talk let me know k

susieQ680
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting katallison:

Thank you. I want a man, not a little 26 year old boy to raise my daughter with, and if he's not going to be a man, then I want out and I will do it by myself.

Quoting susieQ680:

yep. r u going to give u kid u last name ?

katallison
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I'm just like you, on the fence. :/ lol I want a family for my daughter, something I didn't have. A mother and a father. Not a broken family either, but if that's the way she'll have the best life then I have to do what's right. That's what we are doing now, taking it slow. Pretty much because he doesn't want to say we are over. I am at my moms, I've moved all my stuff out of our home and I am not going back till I feel that it's right. If I don't, I won't go back. I am tired of being disappointed.

Thank you for your advice. (:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Well I'm on the fence. People can surprise you. Then again- they also disappoint.

Take it slow and see how it goes. You have time before you have a bonded family.

You may just have to move on separate. Let him know you're not afraid of that- but willing to try. :(

Quoting katallison:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)