Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What did/will your child wear to their first day of school?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter will be starting kindergarten and she is very girly. She wants to wear a fancy "special occasion" dress on her first day. I think it would be adorable for her to be all dressed up for all the pictures I'll take for her first day. Do kids dress up for the first day of school? 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM

My kids (middle school & up) have a dress code policy- they have to wear collared shirts with buttons & dress pants, shorts, capris. OR they can dress up (the girls are allowed to wear dresses or skirts as long as they go past the fingertips).

My elementary kid can wear whatever he wants as long as there are no obscene pictures or words.

Katalina650
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha ha I don't remember.  My son could care less about clothes.  I am sure it was clean. 

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
My girls will wear a first grade rocks shirt and a black skort.
HisAngel91
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
My dd is starting pre 3. She loves dresses so i plan on getting her a dress with leggings to wear.
valrubio
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

All 4 of my kids who are school age will be wearing a uniform because they are in a private school. Makes dressing them everyday super easy.

stayathome510
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Private school, uniforms only, strict dress code, takes away from peer pressure of who's wearing what and helps the kids to focus on school.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM
We have a strict dress code in our district. So it's kind of made up for us in a way..... But TBH, I like it. Although we all liked it much better when they finally allowed stripes and plaid! Lol!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM

They wear normal clothes.

This is last year.

offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

pajamas, probably.  He does online public school.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

no idea yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)