Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Im so frustrated...my boyfriend is using me :(

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ive been with this guy for about five months now. Im a single mom of two kids. He's only taken me out on two dates and stood me up for one to hang out with his friends instead KNOWING that i already paid $70 to a babysitter.

Because i dont have a support system im pretty strapped when it comes to getting a sitter. He NEVER suggests group dates with the kids or plans anything. He comes over two -three times a week empty handed and he just inhales all of my food . I think he's using me for food. He is constantly asking what am i cooking. If i say im not cooking dinner he'll leave early ..if im cooking he'll stay . I make him pretty hefty plates to begin with and i make myself a super tiny plate and he'll go back and eat up all of my leftovers without even asking EVERY time. Some days he wont even wash out his dish..Like i made a huge breakfast two days ago and he inhaled it than just sat his dish in the sink for me to wash. A couple weeks ago we got into a argument and the next morning i was in tears and i told him he really hurt my feelings.He responded with " can i make myself a sandwich?" I was so dumbfounded at the audacity of him to ask about food when im breaking down in front of him and when i didnt respond he just put his clothes on and left not saying a word .

Im sick of feeding him! Im tired of him eating up everything and never offering or bringing anything over . I even suggested twice that he BUYS food and cooks for me and he didnt say a word about it. 

I broke down today and told my aunt what's been going on and she was livid. She said no man should be acting the way that he does and he should be bringing groceries in for me and my kids not taking out of our mouths and she said she never had a bf like that and her husband courted and wooed her and always gave her money so she told me to ask him for $50 a week towards groceries.

I know he doesnt have alot of money so I sent him a text asking for $20 a week. I just told him i fell on hardtimes... He said he'd give me the $20 a week...and all last week he promised he would take me to the movies and tonight he said he texted me and said that he's not doing both because he is tired of recklessly spending his money. I pointed out to him that he NEVER spends any money on me and why would he cut his girlfriend out of his budget. Were dating so we should be going on dates.He just kept telling me no. I told him he never puts me first and i finally got him to agree to give me both the $20 and the movies and he got super angry and accused me of lying to him about needing the $20 if i pay my babysitter $70 to watch my kids.

I told him that's bullshit because my kids father just got back in their lives and he agreed to watch the kids while i went out. Furthermore he added if i lied to him about needing the $20 he'll kick me out of his life and would never think twice about it . 

I do need the $20...he eats atleast that a week ...and my kids father isnt working so i need the $20 to pay for stuff....

Now he hasnt been responding to me for hours. I think this is such bullshit. Everytime i text him he's out with his friends at a lounge or at applebees or Ihop and he comes to my house and NEVER takes me out anywhere...not even to one of those restaurants and now he says he's spending recklessly so he cant take me to the movies... I think this is such bullshit.

What should i do from this point?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brknBelle
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
16 moms liked this
Forgive me for being so blunt... But WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING?! I seriously can't believe you even have to ask what to do at this point. This loser seems like a mooch. Why put up with that sort of bs?? Kick his non-contributing, lame a*s to the curb. You don't need him.
3boysngirl
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Dump him sounds like a loser to me!
strawberryLVR
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM

loser, dump him. i think you know this. you need someone that gives more then he takes

blessedmommie07
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
7 moms liked this
Seriously I've seen like two posts before about you whining about this boyfriend and these same things. Quit whinning and complaining and do something about it!

Drop his ass! Your better off without him and your kids will actually have enough to eat with him gone. So put your big girl panties on and break up with this loser. Cause your really losing sympathy by coming in here often and complaining about this same situation and doing nothing about it! Actually I think I've seen you post about this before in other groups which is even worse. The only people you are hurting at this point is you and your kids by staying with this dirt bag.
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Dump the loser. I can't believe you are even asking what you should do. You and your children deserve better.
usmchoney
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I really can't believe you're asking this. Maybe you should read your post.
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Why do you even bother to ask here? At the start dozens of women told you that you need to slow down, etc. over and over , women write that you should get out. Then you say how you love him or how your kids depend on him , blah blah. This is at least the second time you have griped about his eating your food. Last time all sorts of women told you to either get used to it or get out. So, why ask for advice you absolutely refuse to take? Maybe if you post it enough times the advice will change? Maybe you'll find some sap willing to tell you whatever it is you want to hear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Uh...why are you continuing this relationship??

you've only been together 5months and your already fighting about money and spending time with the kids??

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you make another post about this, not so long ago? I saw another post very similar to this. I would move on if I were in your shoes. Good luck.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you post a similar post a while back?   If so, people will continue to use you if you allow them.  My advice it to be VERY careful about who you date.  Also, read the book "He's not that into you".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN