Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mommy in diar need :/ ........... HELP?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 32 Replies
Ugh I think im a little lost.... well here it is, My baby is barley 3 months old. and from the time she was born to no she has had a heart ultrasound, EKG and Echo done, she has had a viral infection, acid reflux, and now she just recently in the last three weeks have had cradle cap, a diaper rash/yeast infection/bacterial infection, heat rash eczema and a mucus pocket in her mouth from a tooth trying to play peek-a-boo, and now for the third time thrush!! I feel so bad for her, idk what to do I feel so darn lost!!! im trying my hardest to make her comfortable but she just wants to be held and cry!!! ive given her Tylenol, and it works for like half hour and then the crying and fussiness starts all over again!!!! ive tried baths and lotions and stuff, I have recently gotten the heat rash,the diaper rash stuff and the eczema under control or gone. now just battling the reflux,thrush and the yucky mucus pocket 0_o this mommy is darn tired, to add on top of that I have a three yr old and we just moved and I still have TONS of things to unpack!!! im so darn lost! can I cry yet, I haven't had a good nights sleep in like a week or better!
My Crazy Khaotic Upside Down Loveable World! <3
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
hang in there momma*** hugs****
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Are you BFing?  If you are, you need to also treat yourself for thrush.  Go to Whole Foods, or order it online, and get Grapefruit Seed Extract.  Make sure it is not just Grapefruit Extract.  Mix about 20 drops with an ounce of water and then use a cotton swab or cue tip and swab it around her mouth.  Do this about about 4 or 5 days.  It should get rid of the thrush.  Use it on yourself as well if you're BFing.  Also, get her on some probiotics immediately.  You can get liquid drops on Amazon.  Might be able to get them other places too.  I'm not sure.  You can get the powdered stuff too, but liquid is easier at this age.  

Other than that...just hold her and keep her comfortable.  Maybe get a wrap or a sling and wear her instead.  Easier on your arms. 

CafeMom Tickers

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM
She is nystatine. And so am I..... I've washed bleached and sun dried them. Boiled and sanitized binkis and bottle nipples. I just feel so darn bad I'm calling her Dr in the am to see what says.... And yes almost strictly breastfeeding....

Quoting jackiewal10:

Are you BFing?  If you are, you need to also treat yourself for thrush.  Go to Whole Foods, or order it online, and get Grapefruit Seed Extract.  Make sure it is not just Grapefruit Extract.  Mix about 20 drops with an ounce of water and then use a cotton swab or cue tip and swab it around her mouth.  Do this about about 4 or 5 days.  It should get rid of the thrush.  Use it on yourself as well if you're BFing.  Also, get her on some probiotics immediately.  You can get liquid drops on Amazon.  Might be able to get them other places too.  I'm not sure.  You can get the powdered stuff too, but liquid is easier at this age.  

Other than that...just hold her and keep her comfortable.  Maybe get a wrap or a sling and wear her instead.  Easier on your arms. 

Kahla11
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I know that doctors hate to give babies this, but if reflux is super bad ask about Zantac or see if you could take some tums since it should go in your breast milk and can help her (also will help you with your calcium). You probably already know keep bed at 45 degree angle will help. Burping more often will also help with smaller meals on the reflux.  No idea on thrush we didn't or have not had issues with that. Maybe eat yogurt yourself and that will help the antibiotics work faster. On teething talk to doctor about hyland's teething tablets maybe they might help. Check the breastfeeding group on here they may have some more ideas on how to help you with your little one.

Kahla11
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Oh and try to get some help from family members or friends if at all possible. I did this when I was struggling with one of my twins, I would ask a friend to come over and help make some meals in a box or do crock pot meals and double it so i could have enough to either freeze or have for the next day. I sincerely hope you get some rest though it is rough dealing with a sick baby and having another child running around. 

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Hubby tries to help but she doesn't want him or any one else for that matter :/ she is on zantac its been helping. She sleeps is a swing rocker that comes off and is portable. I just feel like ive failed somewhere to keep her happy and healthy, I just hope she knows mommy loves her a ton!!!

Quoting Kahla11:

Oh and try to get some help from family members or friends if at all possible. I did this when I was struggling with one of my twins, I would ask a friend to come over and help make some meals in a box or do crock pot meals and double it so i could have enough to either freeze or have for the next day. I sincerely hope you get some rest though it is rough dealing with a sick baby and having another child running around. 

rgba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Just take it one day at a time and keep on snuggling! My DS1 had a bunch of issues, including reflux, and I remember feeling the same way. It gets easier!

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

Hubby tries to help but she doesn't want him or any one else for that matter :/ she is on zantac its been helping. She sleeps is a swing rocker that comes off and is portable. I just feel like ive failed somewhere to keep her happy and healthy, I just hope she knows mommy loves her a ton!!!

Quoting Kahla11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I'm trying :/ thank you

Quoting jessica1078:

hang in there momma*** hugs****
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Ditch the Nystatine.  It rarely works and when and if it does work, it can take weeks.  Nystatine is sugar based.  Well...sugar GROWS yeast.  If it were my child, I would be getting the Grapefruit Seed Extract.  You can also use White Distilled Vinegar.  And be sure that when you wipe your self with the liquid that it dries completely before you put a bra and/or breast pads back on.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

She is nystatine. And so am I..... I've washed bleached and sun dried them. Boiled and sanitized binkis and bottle nipples. I just feel so darn bad I'm calling her Dr in the am to see what says.... And yes almost strictly breastfeeding....

Quoting jackiewal10:

CafeMom Tickers

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Clue here... "Almost strictly breast feeding" might be enough formula to trigger allergies. Ditch her bottles and only breast feed. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)