Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

is this depression, or anxiety?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:52 AM
  • 22 Replies
In the past, I have had a few anxiety attacks but haven't had any for a couple years. My baby is 3 months old and the past couple of days I have been lazy, sore, blah, and I get panicky towards night time. I feel like there is something wrong with my mental state and am always afraid of going crazy, which makes me feel crazy, even though I know I am not crazy. I get this feeling if fear that is so bad that I get diahrea, I feel sick to my stomach, and I have hot flashes. I always feel like my heart begins to race as I tell myself that my life is great. It truly is great. I have a loving husband and 2 kids. I have a good job, a roof over our heads and food on the table. I should probably see my doctor about this, but in the past, the doctors would tell me that there is nothing wrong with me and they would look at me like I'm a hypochondriac.... has anyone experienced this?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petitekatie
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:08 AM

It's anxiety. ((HUGS))

Sunshine257
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Anxiety but feeling that way for so long can lead to depression.
busymommy2013
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:27 AM
I just read a couple of articles on anxiety after I posted this... its a relief to know that it is anxiety..I just need to be able to tell myself that there is nothing wrong with me when I get this way and actually believe myself. I should also stop being so busy all the time. Raising children while working and going to school seems like too much for me. I've been burning at both ends for a few years now and maybe its catching up to me.
Jenn77781
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I went through this after my son was born... I know what you are going through. It went away 6 months after I had him. Give your body a chance to recover from having your baby. In the meantime I used to drink calming teas and did natural things to ease the feelings I was having. Chamomile tea was really helpful for me.

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM

my goodness. you poor baby!  it is anxiety...and why wouldn't you have it!?  your plate is so full!  be careful with yourself.  no one can do it all...and if they are?...they won't be for long.  your body will tell you when it is too much and it seems your poor little body needs some tlc!  call your doctor.  write down your symptoms when they are happening.  by the time you get to the doctor you may feel better and not be able to explain as well.  prayers and blessings!

edit!  do not accept any medication that is habit forming!  this will only make things worse!  instead of fixing the problem, it seems better at first, but...well, i have never seen it end well.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Take vitamin B1, B6 and. B12. A natural anxiety remedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Maybe bring this up with your doctor. I hope you feel better soon. I found that yoga was good for making me feel calmer.

JoeMax
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I went through this after my second ds was born. My dh had just accepted a new job that was second shift, and we had bought and moved to a new house the week before ds2 was born. I would get really panicky at night, I wasn't used to being alone at night, and having a toddler who is very sensitive to noise made it even worse. My oldest was literally terrified of my newborns cries for the first few months. I was really anxious every night that both boys would fall apart and the noise level would make my anxiety worse. It got easier, I do recommend you go to your doctor, make them listen to you, get the help you need. Also making your dh aware of your anxiety is a good idea too, maybe just being relieved of a few of the nightly chores so you can decompress and relax will help out. Hope things get easier, and you feel better :)
jeda1429
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yes! i think it's depression and anxiety. They usually go together. I had horrible anxiety attacks for years. I was a single mom, raising a special needs child and was working a very stressful job. My mind was alwasy on go. I couldn't sleep because I would lay in bed at night and worry about the most ridiculous things. When I was at work I worried about my son. When I was home with my son I worried about work. I finally met an amazing guy who is now my fiance. He gave me the okay to slow down. I had quite a bit of money saved up, and he has a good job, so I quit my job for a while to just focus on my son, and I am feeling sooooo much better.  I think sometimes when we have a busy life and are constantly moving our body stays in fight or flight mode . You just has a baby. Take some time to relax if you can , And just focus on the new baby.  Take each day as it comes and try to stay present in the moment.  Tell your husband what is going on and let him know that you need some time to relax .  

Tallmomma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I had these rushes of feelings after having a baby - for me the severity of them diminished over time.

I know a lot of women that had mini versions of post partum depression after having a baby so I do not think its a rare thing to feel a little anxious w a 3 month old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN