Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not pooping in the potty

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 13 Replies
So i baby my god son, he is 3 and because of his hearing he has a developmental delay so we are just now potty training. He will pee just fine in the potty. He has his own little potty at my house and the same one atty his house. He refuses to poop in the potty. Loves peeing though. Likes when we sing his pee pee in the potty song too. We have tried bribing him to poop, tried singing, tried going together. Now we are at a lose. Any help with pooping?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Give him time. Have him sit there a while reading to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

My DS will poop MULTIPLE times a day in the potty... hes 2.5 I wish I had advice... I just let him poop in his diaper before when he had to poop... and asked him if he LIKED that feeling... if he LIKED the poop on his butt, and he didnt so I told him he should go in the potty... he started to do that shortly after!! :)

blessedmommie07
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Pooping is the last step in potty training and can be harder then peeing on the potty. Just give him time. I just potty trained my 3 1/2 yr old about a month ago but he still has a hard time pooping on the potty at times. Last night he actually pooped in his underwear twice.
fivegirls333
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

relax.  it will happen.  it amazes me that more moms don't talk about potty training...realistically.  boys, especially, for some reason...with the pooping thing.  hopefully some moms with the same issues will have some advice.  i find it amazing that most of the moms on this site have children that are potty trained, talking, walking, and counting to 10 by one!...pffft.  i figure they have 1st child syndrome and they will get over themselves soon enough and be real.  blessings and good luck!  (i had a brother who used to hide in the closet, he was just afraid to poop in the potty...my mom was worried also...but he is a grown man now and poops just fine...that i know of...smile.)

cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
My girls were easy. I have tried this with him even in underwear and he didn't care

Quoting ilovemykids732:

My DS will poop MULTIPLE times a day in the potty... hes 2.5 I wish I had advice... I just let him poop in his diaper before when he had to poop... and asked him if he LIKED that feeling... if he LIKED the poop on his butt, and he didnt so I told him he should go in the potty... he started to do that shortly after!! :)

cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM
My girls were potty trained by 2 mostly on their own. But with William and his delay its harder. Its like he doesn't understand what I'm saying to him. Its really like talking to an 18 month old sometimes. Sometimes he really gets what I'm saying and i can tell but others he just gets this dumbfounded look

Quoting fivegirls333:

relax.  it will happen.  it amazes me that more moms don't talk about potty training...realistically.  boys, especially, for some reason...with the pooping thing.  hopefully some moms with the same issues will have some advice.  i find it amazing that most of the moms on this site have children that are potty trained, talking, walking, and counting to 10 by one!...pffft.  i figure they have 1st child syndrome and they will get over themselves soon enough and be real.  blessings and good luck!  (i had a brother who used to hide in the closet, he was just afraid to poop in the potty...my mom was worried also...but he is a grown man now and poops just fine...that i know of...smile.)

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

awh... sorry, I was trying to help with ideas... but guess I am no help!!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

My girls were easy. I have tried this with him even in underwear and he didn't care

Quoting ilovemykids732:

cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks though. you didnt know we already tried that. im at a lose. guess we will just have to wait and see

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I tell my DS that he CANT go poop in the potty, because it stinks and I dont like that... and I make a big deal when he does... and say EWWWW you stink... he loves that and thinks its super funny!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

thanks though. you didnt know we already tried that. im at a lose. guess we will just have to wait and see

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Pooping takes more time be patient. It will happen eventually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)