Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help! Hitting, biting, pinching!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm having a hard time with my toddlers (2) DS has a issue with hitting and pinching his sister. DD has a issue with bitting her brother. I don't know what to do!!! I don't want to hit, pitch or bite them if they do it, or have the other do it back. I've tried time outs, putting them to bed, no cartoons in the morning. I just don't know what to do!!!! :( DD has a lot of scars from the pitching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

how old is your daughter?

Corkie-
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Both are 2, will be 3 in Oct

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Keep them away from each other... If it keeps happening. At that age they wont understand what they are doing is wrong.. 

Quoting Corkie-:

Both are 2, will be 3 in Oct

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

You have your hands full mama! When you see trouble coming try to distract them with something, even something silly like "Do you know how to touch your head?" If that doesn't work put them on time out EVERY time, be consistant! Say "No pinching!" "pinching hurts!"and make them sit there for 2 minutes. This behavior will pass as they get older and can talk better.

Corkie-
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Lol I do, then I have another one on the way, due in Nov. I don't want them to hurt the baby. But they seem to do it while I'm busy cooking, or cleaning. If we are all together they might hit each other for no reason. But then time out comes. Its frustrating.

Quoting Lindalou907:

You have your hands full mama! When you see trouble coming try to distract them with something, even something silly like "Do you know how to touch your head?" If that doesn't work put them on time out EVERY time, be consistant! Say "No pinching!" "pinching hurts!"and make them sit there for 2 minutes. This behavior will pass as they get older and can talk better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Constant consistant discipline
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN