Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Physically Restrained a Stranger's Child! *vent*

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

So there's no real point to this post, I'm just venting... Anyway, this mom I knew through mutual friends and was friends with on fb, not close or anything, but did go to her house for a football party once, but not friends by any means... Anyhow, one day she posted a story about how she was the grocery store and this child, about 5 or 6, with no parent around, kept bugging her, running circles around her. Without saying a word to the child, she grabs him and HOLDS HIM AGAINST THE SHELF! She said she did it long enough to scare him a little bit, it was fun entertainment. Um, excuse me? Oh hell no! If that were my child I would go off on her! Granted, this kid should have been supervised but still, are you kidding me?? This happened about a month ago, and I've since unfriended her, but I was thinking about it for some reason this afternoon. Just had to vent for a bit!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I agree, kid shoulda' been better supervised, but unless a child is in iminent (sp?) danger, I will not touch another person's child w/o permission.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't blame the lady. Parents allow kids to be total brats these days. Control your kids or stay home. It gets worse all the time. The lady was harassed by the brat. Run around and torture your own mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I agree.

Quoting catevincesmom:

I agree, kid shoulda' been better supervised, but unless a child is in iminent (sp?) danger, I will not touch another person's child w/o permission.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it'll scare the kid to stop being so rowdy where it's not necessary or scare the parent to WATCH their child!

mjande4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

This!

Quoting atlmom2:

I can't blame the lady. Parents allow kids to be total brats these days. Control your kids or stay home. It gets worse all the time. The lady was harassed by the brat. Run around and torture your own mother.

BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I agree she should have taken action, but she never should have touched the kid, maybe just asked him where his mother was, and have a few words with her.

Quoting mjande4:This!
Quoting atlmom2:I can't blame the lady. Parents allow kids to be total brats these days. Control your kids or stay home. It gets worse all the time. The lady was harassed by the brat. Run around and torture your own mother.

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think instead of that I would have let him do circles around me all the way up to security or the customer service desk and have them embarrassthe mother by called her over the loud speaker. The child acts like that because the parents allow it.

But like the other poster said, unless a child in danger I dont see myself ever touching someone elses child.

-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope the kid learned a lesson.  It was very wrong of her to touch someone's kid though.  If it were me that kid would have got a verbal reprimand for sure.  I'm sure most people would have a problem with a verbal reprimand as well but that's why people need to control their kids instead of letting them run a muck.  Kinda messed up that she found it entertaining. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I've stepped on or knocked down many an unattended child in the store.  Mind you, it's not on purpose.  But if some kid sneaks up behind me to see what's in my cart (so they can say the classic "But Mom, she's getting this for HER kids!") and I'm turning around to put a soup can in...yeah that can has a chance of hitting kiddo upside the head.  Or if I'm grabbing something off a shelf and some child is trying to push past me and I step back, there's a good chance toes will be smooshed or a child will trip and fall.  My (least) favorites are the kids that hide or crouch at the bottom of shelves and pop out in front of the cart just in time to get smacked with it.

I can't avoid every kid being an idiot in the store.  I do try, but lately there have been so many kids unsupervised in the stores it's like an epidemic.

SpiritedMom2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Thats disgusting! And so are a lot of responses on this post! If I were you - Id write a really nasty comment on that woman's post - un-friending her would not be good enough! I hope to God she doesnt do it to any other kid - and God forbid if a child were to drop something on her - child abuser!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)