Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dad vs bio dad

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 11 Replies

How can I explain to my daughter the difference between bacially a bio dad and a dad that has always been there (stepdad)? I really can't explain it myself because I never really had that either. help ladies.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

How old is DD?

Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Any man can make a baby a dad is one who teaches learns and loves his baby son or daughter. Doesn't matter if he made her or not I have one real dad and that's my step dad he was always there for me unlike my bio dad gl
mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
She is 10

Quoting jlmc:

How old is DD?

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My bff's daughter actually came to the conclusion that it was likea  movie she had watched where the animal is raised by a different animal, I can't remember the name, its a more recent childrens movie, but she came up with that on her own when bff was trying to explain the same thing to her. She was like "oh like such and such from that movie" lol. 

I was trying to look up what the movie is called but couldn't find it, not Jungle Book but another one.

jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Oh good! Mine is 5 and completely understands. Once upon a time you and bio dad were in love and created her! You both loved her very much but grew apart from eachother. You and dad then got together and he loved her soo much! He also loved you so you all became a family. Happily ever after... :). Mine is around bio and step dad and we all have a great relationship so she just knows, i never did need to explain it.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

She is 10

Quoting jlmc:

How old is DD?

jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Tarzan, George of the jungle?

Quoting Jennanonymous:

My bff's daughter actually came to the conclusion that it was likea  movie she had watched where the animal is raised by a different animal, I can't remember the name, its a more recent childrens movie, but she came up with that on her own when bff was trying to explain the same thing to her. She was like "oh like such and such from that movie" lol. 

I was trying to look up what the movie is called but couldn't find it, not Jungle Book but another one.

anxiousschk
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

We told DD1 that there was a "dad dad" and a "blood dad".   Her "blood" dad is the one who helped make her and it's part of his blood running through her veins.  

Her Dad is the one who has been there since birth, the one who is always there.  

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I would explain one is the dad who helped create her and is where her DNA/blood is from. One is the father who raises her and loves her the way a father should.

mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
She keeps asking but how is a father suppose to treat me her. I say you know my hubby your dad. She says yrs but i get in terrible at times and when I'm with my dad we have fun. I tools her but see your nit with dad all the time so he don't see the real you lol

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I would explain one is the dad who helped create her and is where her DNA/blood is from. One is the father who raises her and loves her the way a father should.

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it was Kung Fu Panda.

Mr. Ping, a goose,  is Po the Panda's adoptive father.

Quoting jlmc:

Tarzan, George of the jungle?

Quoting Jennanonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)