Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have pica

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

and i have no idea what to do! IM craving things that are not ediable or safe to eat, i know its bc im pregnant, but its becoming so overwhelming! any advice?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Have you talked your ob?  I had a friend that had that but I'm not really sure how she dealt with it.  I remember her telling me she couldn't put gas in her car anymore and her so had to do it b/c she kept wanting to drink it every time she smelled it.  My ob kept asking me if I had the urge to any non-foods when I was pregnant.  She said it's fairly common. 

mistressflora
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

gas is the worst, if i go to a gas station i have to like plug my nose!  and i dont think gasoline is safe for a baby lol! i have had this before so i know i just kinda find foods that i can eat, (salty stuff usually helps the most) and it curves it.  i never told my doc bc im embaressed and i know its from an deficiency.  nbut I may have to this time bc its really really bad

Quoting -PB:

Have you talked your ob?  I had a friend that had that but I'm not really sure how she dealt with it.  I remember her telling me she couldn't put gas in her car anymore and her so had to do it b/c she kept wanting to drink it every time she smelled it.  My ob kept asking me if I had the urge to any non-foods when I was pregnant.  She said it's fairly common. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your doc.  Its seriously more common then you think.  I'm sure they here it pretty often.  They might be able to test you for deficiency, offer some tips to help you or send you to some to help you work through it.  And if possible have someone else fill your gas tank for you until then.  ;-)

Quoting mistressflora:

gas is the worst, if i go to a gas station i have to like plug my nose!  and i dont think gasoline is safe for a baby lol! i have had this before so i know i just kinda find foods that i can eat, (salty stuff usually helps the most) and it curves it.  i never told my doc bc im embaressed and i know its from an deficiency.  nbut I may have to this time bc its really really bad

Quoting -PB:

Katalina650
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Don't be embarrased.  My first pregnancy I craved dirt and chalk.  I told my doc about it and he put me on a chalky calcium supplement that solved the problem.  A doc is there to help you.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

dr's have seen and heard everything, please dont be embarrased

mistressflora
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
ty
Quoting Katalina650:

Don't be embarrased.  My first pregnancy I craved dirt and chalk.  I told my doc about it and he put me on a chalky calcium supplement that solved the problem.  A doc is there to help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)