Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much mommy or too much boobie

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a little disturbance that will eventually turn into a problem if I don't nip it in the bud soon.

My almost 7 month old is now eating around 3 to 4 times in the middle of the night. I noticed it more so in the last 2 weeks as I was on vacation and did not have a pack and play resulting in her sleeping with me for a week staight. Now that we are back home she won't sleep in her crib past 1 am and to not hear her cry ( because we share a room) I let her in bed with me. She spends the majority of the rest of the night feeding whining and sporatic sleeping. I am unsure of what to do. She use to sleep all through the night until about 1 month ago. Could she be going through a growth spurt and is hungry more often or have I gotten her use to co-sleeping while on vacation. Any advise would help?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Try and soothe her in other ways during the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natashaxo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM

i co-sleep with my daughter as well and shes 3months. She wakes up every hour to eat too and constantly on the boobie ALL THE TIME...I believe its a growth spurt..itll pass :D

MamaAmarish
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

She was co sleeping with me for the first 4 months and then like a big girl she started sleeping all by herself. Until our vacation; I've gotten use to sleeping alone. :) THanks!

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
7 months is an awful time for sleep... Growth spurt, separation anxiety, teething, new phases and skills, daytime distractability... It all causes clingyness and night waking. She would be this way no matter what you did, it's normal 7 month old behavior.
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I co-slept with my youngest(all my kids)while they nursed. The only difference is my son just stopped nursing last week lol and he's 2 1/2. My girls stopped nursing around a year. So its been a very different experience with my son. He's still in my bed with me.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I agree with this. Darn 7 month "curse".  All you can do is keep encouraging her to sleep in her bed and when she fusses you can rub her back while NOT picking her up making shushing noises.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

7 months is an awful time for sleep... Growth spurt, separation anxiety, teething, new phases and skills, daytime distractability... It all causes clingyness and night waking. She would be this way no matter what you did, it's normal 7 month old behavior.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

sounds like it may just be a phase..

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Sounds like it could be a growth spurt.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

For a child under 1 year of age, it's pertinent to feed on demand at night. Not doing so has shown cases of failure to thrive. This will not last forever and you will likely see many more changes in sleeping habits through the first year. The only way I survived and kept my sanity was by bed sharing. Enjoy the closeness and cuddle time while you still have the option! :)

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

7 months is hell for a growth spurt, speration anxiety, etc. Just nurse her when she wants and co sleep if you must. We co sleep off and on depending on the mood of our kids.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)