Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back pay child support

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I went to court today and I could have got $1200 in back pay. My ex was glaring me down when she asked if I wanted him to pay for it or if he helped out the whole.  He can be really verbally abusive so I said no even though I need the money!  I wish she would have asked in private.  If I call can they change it or is it too late sense I signed it?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Probably too late now but you can always call to ask.   Never be afraid to demand what you deserve.  That gives the abuser more power. When you show you dont care what he thinks he will eventually back off.  You need that money for the child so heck yeah I would call back and say you made a mistake, ask how to fix it.

nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I will call tomorrow when they are open.  God I'm just so disapointed in myself for letting him scare me like that.  Why couldn't she just ask before the meeting or something. He has to pay 250 a month and he was already pissed about that.  And I want it for my kid not just myself! 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Probably too late now but you can always call to ask.   Never be afraid to demand what you deserve.  That gives the abuser more power. When you show you dont care what he thinks he will eventually back off.  You need that money for the child so heck yeah I would call back and say you made a mistake, ask how to fix it.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Mention that he intimidates you when you speak to the person in charge so that they know and can try to avoid you saying something you dont mean again.   You probably had to say it in front of the witnesses so no one could claim that support enforcement or the courts just added that amount on their own.

Quoting nikki666444:

I will call tomorrow when they are open.  God I'm just so disapointed in myself for letting him scare me like that.  Why couldn't she just ask before the meeting or something. He has to pay 250 a month and he was already pissed about that.  And I want it for my kid not just myself! 

Quoting frndlyfn:

nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

It was just me, him, and the CS lady.  And I'm moving to a different state in 2 days.  So they would probably set another court date huh?  Ugh I screwed this up big time!!!!!!!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Mention that he intimidates you when you speak to the person in charge so that they know and can try to avoid you saying something you dont mean again.   You probably had to say it in front of the witnesses so no one could claim that support enforcement or the courts just added that amount on their own.

Quoting nikki666444:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM

You will probably have to start a new "case"in the new state so that the support can be adjusted.  He actually may have to pay more per that states support tables LOL.  His amount is so little compared to others.  My guy was actually homeless so he could pay for his daughters which was 600 a month in child support.

Quoting nikki666444:

It was just me, him, and the CS lady.  And I'm moving to a different state in 2 days.  So they would probably set another court date huh?  Ugh I screwed this up big time!!!!!!!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting nikki666444:

Quoting frndlyfn:

mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
To late
Promomma34
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

You should be able to put in a motion to modify but until that happens you might be stuck with what you signed. I am in an ongoing battle with my oldest father but long story short there is no easy way. I wish that the courts could see the manipulation and negative body language that we do. Sounds like a similar situation to mine but we did have a mediator ordered by the majistry. We had time alone to answer questions and get out what we needed to but that wasn't much of a time saver. You have to just hang in there and pick your battles with the ex. If its anything like mine you'll have plenty to pick from. I always listen to I will survive on my way to court or anytime I had to deal with the ex. It's empowering! Good luck!

nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I think they should have to talk to you alone first.  I felt pressured and now it's all messed up. I mean this guy treated me like shit when I was pregnant.  He would call met fat, ugly, stupid to friends all the time even so I could hear.  Really verbally abusive.  He only makes like 700 a month because he's a lazy pos.  I just wonder if I should let it go though because if they set up another court date I won't be able to come back to the state for it. 

Quoting Promomma34:

You should be able to put in a motion to modify but until that happens you might be stuck with what you signed. I am in an ongoing battle with my oldest father but long story short there is no easy way. I wish that the courts could see the manipulation and negative body language that we do. Sounds like a similar situation to mine but we did have a mediator ordered by the majistry. We had time alone to answer questions and get out what we needed to but that wasn't much of a time saver. You have to just hang in there and pick your battles with the ex. If its anything like mine you'll have plenty to pick from. I always listen to I will survive on my way to court or anytime I had to deal with the ex. It's empowering! Good luck!

Caitlyn137
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:52 AM
That's so stupid, they won't believe anything out of ur mouth now and ur x knoes he owns u now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)