• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wake her up or let her sleep?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 16 Replies
Dd went down for a nap at 4:30 and is still sleeping.... She didn't eat dinner though. Should I wake her or just let her sleep
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Get that child up! Just kidding, do whatever works best for you, how old is she?

Wickedawesome88
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Just turned 1 on Thursday

Quoting Lindalou907:

Get that child up! Just kidding, do whatever works best for you, how old is she?

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Well, she might be up late if you don't wake her :)

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Now?  I'd let her sleep.  In the future, I'd wake her for dinner around 6 at the latest.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

What time is it there?  At age 1, i would just let her sleep and would rewarm dinner if she does wake up.

knh629
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

If she sleeps for that long during a nap then she might be up later during the night. My daughter did that once or twice, nap late then wake up and we ended up having a late night ahead of us. She is two now and when she does nap I won't let her nap after 4pm or else she won't go to bed. I personally would wake her up just to keep her on a routine, my daughter has a routine for meals and bed time, if you don't have one set and don't mind being up later then I wouldn't worry. Do what works best for you!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I would have woken her up. At 1 mine just took one 3 hour nap. Never a late afternoon one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiamarie54
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My daughter did this when she was little and we let her sleep. she wound up sleeping the rest of the night. Depends on the child, she might get up and eat and then go back to bed, which would be ideal of course.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Let her sleep. I always figure my kids know how much sleep they really need.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wickedawesome88
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
She's normally on a great schedule but she's teething and its been kicking her little butt

Quoting knh629:

If she sleeps for that long during a nap then she might be up later during the night. My daughter did that once or twice, nap late then wake up and we ended up having a late night ahead of us. She is two now and when she does nap I won't let her nap after 4pm or else she won't go to bed. I personally would wake her up just to keep her on a routine, my daughter has a routine for meals and bed time, if you don't have one set and don't mind being up later then I wouldn't worry. Do what works best for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)