Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leaving 18 month old for three days....nervous.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Tomorrow morning I am off to a 3 day workshop for my career (that I desperately need) That is 5 hours from y home. I have a 5 year old and 18 month old. I run my business out of my home,neither attend daycare (5 yr old will start kindergarten this year), we co-sleep and the 18 month old still nurses for sleep/security. I know my 5 year old will be fine - it's the 18 month old I worry about. During the night I have been giving her a sippy cup with water instead of nursing to try to "ease" her into a transition for when I'm not there the next two nights - which she has taken thankfully but right when she wakes up she immediately wants to nurse. She will be home with her dad and big sister at night, I'm keeping both girls busy with fun activities with close family during the day - I'm so worried about night time! Ill be gone for 2 "bedtimes" and 3 full days. I'm excited for my adventure but my stomach is in knots thinking of how my attached 18 month old is going to feel/react. And then after I get back home, I worry that every time I leave she will think I'm not coming back (and react accordingly - scream) if I leave her anywhere. She has never spent a night without me - now suddenly 2 nights I'm gone. Any tips/advice for a nervous mama?shrugging

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You know it can't be helped so worrying is useless. She may scream when you get back but she will work out of it again too. *HUGS*

petitekatie
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Try not to make a big deal out of it. One hug and one kiss each, goodbye. Leave.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quoting petitekatie:

Try not to make a big deal out of it. One hug and one kiss each, goodbye. Leave.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
We went on vacations once a year without our kids. They did fine. Your worrying rubs off on them. Be calm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM

She might surprise you!  I understand about the nursing though.  (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)