Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Can I use yeast infection medication when on my period

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have a heavy period : ( I am guessing I can't but thought I would ask anyway.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:40 AM

No clue since I have never had a yeast infection.  I am thinking if it is the topical stuff or suppository it would wash away before it is absorbed due to heavy flow of period.

Rbrown72707
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I'd get the pills from a doctor.  The yeast infection can only get worse during your period.  But that's me.  Ack!  Good luck!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I have used monistat during my period once. It's super messy though. I would call your Dr for difucan (the pill). That works much better anyway & is so much easier & less messy.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Agree to call for diflucan.

It says right on the package not to use creams while menstruating. Gl mama. :(
kay1214
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Well, it would be über messy, not to mention, gross. You would be wasting your money on the med because it will just "wash out".  Besides, I have always found that if I start my period and I have a yeasty, by the time my period is over, the infection is gone. I think I read somewhere that the blood neutralizes the bacteria. It could just be a load of shit. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Quoting kay1214:

Well, it would be über messy, not to mention, gross. You would be wasting your money on the med because it will just "wash out".  Besides, I have always found that if I start my period and I have a yeasty, by the time my period is over, the infection is gone. I think I read somewhere that the blood neutralizes the bacteria. It could just be a load of shit. 

hmmm that kinda makes sense for me too..cuz i've had a couple YI too, and everytime i'm on my period it always feels so much better ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)