Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do I keep cats out of the yard

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok first I wanna ask does anyone know anything I can do to keep cats away from my mothers house? Any thing I can put on the grass or something of that sort?

Anyone who knows me know that I am Terrified of cats, well I've been staying at my moms house this week because I had surgery, all week there has been cats around here,hone of her neighbors cat had kittens soo it's been alot of them,they've scratched up my car,ruined my moms garden,tears up her trash etc... Well today I went to go move the car to the other side because it's street cleaning,and I keep hearing a meow soo I instantly freaks out,gets out the car and start checkn my trunk,backseat,under the seats etc,it's not in there,but I still hear it soo this man walking down the street lifts up my hood & the cat is in my engine... Ughhh I was soo terrified
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I think they make sprays and powders that you can put on your lawn or garden to keep cats away, kinda like they have for insects.  Maybe try Home depot, Lowes, or amazon.com.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

You can buy pellets that will keep dogs and cats away and sprinkle it on the perimeter of your lawn.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

The have products that will deter cats. You can find them at Petsmart or Petco.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM

call animal control?  That is dangerous that cats are climbing inside of cars by the engines.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Google natural cat repelent. They have a recipe for vinegar & peppers. I use hot pepper seeds & that seems to work.

PoplarGrove
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

They make pet repellants you can use.

I have to ask...is there a reason you're afraid of cats?  Did one attack you or something?

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Yes when I was younger, but not only that I'm allergic to them too

Quoting PoplarGrove:

They make pet repellants you can use.

I have to ask...is there a reason you're afraid of cats?  Did one attack you or something?

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I called they're bull crapn me! Saying they can't come out for that

Quoting frndlyfn:

call animal control?  That is dangerous that cats are climbing inside of cars by the engines.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM

they have some repellent stuff at petsmart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN