Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advice on breastfeeding and cloth diapers

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 31 Replies

i am pregnant with baby number 3 trying to save money with this one and was wondering if cloth diapers and easy to use and if the work well if so which ones are best

i have never breast Fed and want to try with this one i will be going back to work as soon as doctor lets me so was wounder if any of you ladies breastfed and work 

would love to know pros and cons of both please!!!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Succubus1987
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
You should join the breastfeeding group, they have a lot of great info. I'm no help on the cloth diapers thing i didn't use them.
momtodab
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I've breast fed two kids and worked with one. You need a very good portable breast pump and will have to pump regularly at work and at home. Wic in most countries can get you one the day you have the baby. Join the breast feeding group to. Lots of info.
Cloth diapers. ... hmmmmm hated them. And most daycare faculties won't let you use them. Just look for other brands cheaper ones. I find that I loved the target brand. But back to nursing. The key there will be to pump frequently. You can nurse the baby while at home and pump also and while away from the baby. I say nurse while home and key others feed him the bottle for a few reasons. 1. Nursing will help your supply. Only pumping won't last long. A lactation nurse will explain in depth at the hospital. 2. If to have never breastfed its a bonding thing. Is awesome. 3. Start getting ready now for breast feeding its noteasy but so worth it. Google ways to prepare for it. Trust me that will help things go a long way. Good luck!
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I used cloth diapers by, MotherEase. They were very easy to use and it only cost me less than $400 for the entire time my son was in diapers. There are so many great cloth diaper companies now so I'm sure you will get alot of suggestions.

I breast fed, but I was a sahm, so I'm no help there.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Join the breastfeeding group & there is a group for cloth diapers too. It's called cuties with cloth booties. I breastfeed but don't cloth diaper. Breastfeeding is truly free. I've never bought a single can of formula & because I'm home with my dd I've never bought bottles either. You can get a free breastpump from your medical insurance co. It's a new law that they have to provide you with one because it's a piece of medical equipment. Just call the 1-800 number on the back and ask.

whitwhit1992
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Thank you !!!!

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Join the breastfeeding group & there is a group for cloth diapers too. It's called cuties with cloth booties. I breastfeed but don't cloth diaper. Breastfeeding is truly free. I've never bought a single can of formula & because I'm home with my dd I've never bought bottles either. You can get a free breastpump from your medical insurance co. It's a new law that they have to provide you with one because it's a piece of medical equipment. Just call the 1-800 number on the back and ask.

whitwhit1992
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM

thank you !!!

Quoting ceciliam:

I used cloth diapers by, MotherEase. They were very easy to use and it only cost me less than $400 for the entire time my son was in diapers. There are so many great cloth diaper companies now so I'm sure you will get alot of suggestions.

I breast fed, but I was a sahm, so I'm no help there.

whitwhit1992
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Thanks i really wanting to breast feed since this will be my last baby i am geting my tubes tied. 

Quoting momtodab:

I've breast fed two kids and worked with one. You need a very good portable breast pump and will have to pump regularly at work and at home. Wic in most countries can get you one the day you have the baby. Join the breast feeding group to. Lots of info.
Cloth diapers. ... hmmmmm hated them. And most daycare faculties won't let you use them. Just look for other brands cheaper ones. I find that I loved the target brand. But back to nursing. The key there will be to pump frequently. You can nurse the baby while at home and pump also and while away from the baby. I say nurse while home and key others feed him the bottle for a few reasons. 1. Nursing will help your supply. Only pumping won't last long. A lactation nurse will explain in depth at the hospital. 2. If to have never breastfed its a bonding thing. Is awesome. 3. Start getting ready now for breast feeding its noteasy but so worth it. Google ways to prepare for it. Trust me that will help things go a long way. Good luck!

whitwhit1992
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

thank you!!!

TQuoting Succubus1987:

You should join the breastfeeding group, they have a lot of great info. I'm no help on the cloth diapers thing i didn't use them.

whitwhit1992
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

simple smilewe rock

Caitlyn137
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Target has the best cloth diapers because they are adjustable so when baby gets bigger you don't have to buy a new set.
I love breast feeding but hated the pain and swelling when I was working and you leak so buy lots of breast pads . And ur boobs with strech out and have marks. I would not breast feed if I knew that beforehand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN