Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 27 Replies
My DD is almost 15 months old. Yesterday she unsnapped her outfit twice and both times her diaper was wet. Today, she started pulling at the tab on her diaper, and she was wet again.

Is this a good indication that she is ready to begin potty training? Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO it is a sign she doesn't like a wet diaper, not a sign she is ready to potty train.

Moe1521
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Thanks for your input

Quoting jabs54:

IMO it is a sign she doesn't like a wet diaper, not a sign she is ready to potty train.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
This. My son is 15 months and tries to undo his diaper all the time when wet. I think disliking the wet diaper is a good start but they new to be way more ready.
Readiness signs are
-interest in the potty
-can tell you they need to go or tell you when they are going
- can sleep long periods of time without going pee.

Do you take her to the bathroom? Being able to go potty involves being able to control the muscles down there. A lot of kids aren't able to do that until at least 2.

Quoting jabs54:

PEEK05
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Completely agree

Quoting jabs54:

Moe1521
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM
That's what confused me was that all the kids I know are older. No, I don't take her to the bathroom with me, it is hardly big enough for one person :/

And I don't normally let her get that far away from me. My house is pretty cluttered at the moment. Ah, the joys of moving!

Quoting Retrokitty:

This. My son is 15 months and tries to undo his diaper all the time when wet. I think disliking the wet diaper is a good start but they new to be way more ready.

Readiness signs are

-interest in the potty

Do you take her to the bathroom? Being able to go potty involves being able to control the muscles down there. A lot of kids aren't able to do that until at least 2.

Quoting jabs54:

Moe1521
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Thanks!

Quoting PEEK05:

Completely agree

Quoting jabs54:

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I would suggest attempting to bring her with the potty with you. She will never have interest if she never seen anyone use it.

Quoting Moe1521:

That's what confused me was that all the kids I know are older. No, I don't take her to the bathroom with me, it is hardly big enough for one person :/

And I don't normally let her get that far away from me. My house is pretty cluttered at the moment. Ah, the joys of moving!

Quoting Retrokitty:

Readiness signs are

-interest in the potty

Quoting jabs54:

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Its just indicates she does like her pamper being wet. But I dont see why you cant start now trying to teacher to potty train.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM

sounds like she just doesnt like being wet

threenorns
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM

no - all it says is the little urchin has discovered that a wet diaper is not pleasant.

do NOT rush her into potty training.  

if you never, ever, ever potty train her - EVER - do you know what happens?  hint:  there's a reason they just don't make "diaper cut" prom dresses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured