Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tips on Fitting 3 carseats

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 21 Replies

It would be really helpful if I could get 3 car seats in the back seat. I've found some awesome booster seats that my 4  1/2 year old could use in the middle seat, and then I bet I could fit 3 back there. Only problem is, my car is from '96 and the middle seat is a lap belt only.

Does anyone have advice on retrofitting a shoulder belt? I've done some research and am finally stopping here to see if someone else has crossed this bridge.... 

I'd like to fit two toddler seats (one booster and one 5 point harness) as well as an infant seat. I'm about an inch or two shy of having a good fit.....

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
How big is your 4yr old? What seats do you currently have?
bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

i would put the infant seat in the middle, and the 2 toddler seats on the sides if the one booster is just the bottom it my fit under the base of the infant seat that is what i had to do with my 2 sons and my nephew

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

AnnaMess
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:23 PM

When my son is with me that is what I have to do. Depending on the kind of booster it will wiggle its way under the infant seat.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

i would put the infant seat in the middle, and the 2 toddler seats on the sides if the one booster is just the bottom it my fit under the base of the infant seat that is what i had to do with my 2 sons and my nephew

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I would join the carseat group. they would be more helpful!  Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Awesome. What kind of booster do you have?

Quoting AnnaMess:

When my son is with me that is what I have to do. Depending on the kind of booster it will wiggle its way under the infant seat.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Graco high back. I'd have to check what kind of infant one I own. It's a convertible one. He is 3 1/2 feet tall and 45 pounds. Big enough for a booster.

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:How big is your 4yr old? What seats do you currently have?
TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Great, thanks!

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I would join the carseat group. they would be more helpful!  Good luck!

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
The Evenflo Amp is a narrow booster. But I'd put it outboard n the infant in the middle. Have youngsters trained your oldest? What other seats do you have?
If you have a BRU near you, then you can try seats before buying.
The carseat group has techs that are great n are certified to help :)
TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Hi, yes I'd like to get the infant in the middle. The infant seat takes up a lot of space. Didn't know BRU would let me try before I buy. They probably just earned my business. Thanks!

Quoting rHOPEb:

The Evenflo Amp is a narrow booster. But I'd put it outboard n the infant in the middle. Have youngsters trained your oldest? What other seats do you have?

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Remember that BRU employees are there to make a buck n have NO car seat training......so do research before going n don't listen to their safety advice. Only take their discount options.... ;)

Quoting TigerMomLove:

Hi, yes I'd like to get the infant in the middle. The infant seat takes up a lot of space. Didn't know BRU would let me try before I buy. They probably just earned my business. Thanks!

Quoting rHOPEb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN