Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need help making outfits! PIC HEAVY

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I am starting work in August and I need some help matching outfits out of the clothes I've bought. I am fashion-stupid and I have difficulty matching things. I took pics of my clothes. How many outfits can I get out of these clothes??

All of my cardigrans and blazers

Skirts ( I also have a gray and white striped skirt that is in the wash)

Capris/slacks - yes, I know I need to buy pants

Dresses

Shirts

I also have a white tee, black tee, and hot pink tee.

+ black skinny belt, leopard skinny belt, brown skinny, and black chunky belt.

Thanks - please no rude comments. Not sure why anyone would be rude, but this is CafeMom. 

P.S. What do you all think about the coral capris? should I take those back??

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a lot to choose from. Dresses are all nice. I see you can combine a whole a lot.
mom_dl6
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

WOW i have no clue 

kim8934
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

you have a ton of combinations, and many, fairly, neutral colors.  rotate your clothes to get the most use out of them.  By this I mean, hang all shirts together, pick from the front, after use and wash, move that to the back.  Pick your pants and jackets almost the same way.  if the jacket/cardigan doesn't match, go to the next one.

I like the coral capris, I would probably save that for going out.

jlmc
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
You have plenty. I like the mom that said you should rotate your clothes. Use your cardigans with your spaghetti strapped shirts or dresses. Coral may not be the best for work. It looks like your pants are neutral enough to mix with any shirt. Just don't mix blacks and dark blue..
thanush
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM

If you go for a bright color on top, go for a neutral on bottom. Look at websites like loft.com and look at the color combinations..

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

This.

Also, I'm glad I wear scrubs!!

Quoting kim8934:

you have a ton of combinations, and many, fairly, neutral colors.  rotate your clothes to get the most use out of them.  By this I mean, hang all shirts together, pick from the front, after use and wash, move that to the back.  Pick your pants and jackets almost the same way.  if the jacket/cardigan doesn't match, go to the next one.

I like the coral capris, I would probably save that for going out.

thanush
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Black and dark blue looks gorgeous together! I wear it all the time and so does models on sites like LOFT, anthropology etc. (As in a black short & navy blue silk top, Bright Blue dress with thin black belt etc). It all depend on how someone wear it.

Quoting jlmc:

You have plenty. I like the mom that said you should rotate your clothes. Use your cardigans with your spaghetti strapped shirts or dresses. Coral may not be the best for work. It looks like your pants are neutral enough to mix with any shirt. Just don't mix blacks and dark blue..

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

What kind of job do you have?   Dont worry about matching as much as choosing colors/patterns within the same color family.  It looks like you could have 20 outfits with the mixing and matching of all the pieces.  I would invest in some black slacks or charcoal grey ones as well as maybe some skirts of neutral colors.

FireVixen
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Coral is still very in but you will see it fade in interest of fall hues probably mid september.

Go grab the fall issue of Vogue. it has some great color combinations and outfit options (not all vogue is designer)

I think you have most of your bases nicely covered tho and those clothing options should work well until weather starts to drop.

jlmc
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Yes some can pull it off... since the majority of people are not models posing for loft I am just saying not to doit. I said dark blue by the way, The brighter blues will be fine. I mostly was referring to her dark blue pants I don't think those with black will look good.

Quoting thanush:

Black and dark blue looks gorgeous together! I wear it all the time and so does models on sites like LOFT, anthropology etc. (As in a black short & navy blue silk top, Bright Blue dress with thin black belt etc). It all depend on how someone wear it.

Quoting jlmc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)