• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pimple face!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM
  • 13 Replies
I've NEVER had a problem with acne in my entire life and I've always been so grateful for that! I'm 22 and in the last few weeks I've started breaking out so bad in between my brows mainly, but ill get a single giant pimpe on a dif part of my face like every other day! Chin, cheeks, temple, forehead, etc.. Then there's the patch of little ones between my eyebrows! I use oxy face wipes every morning and sometimes at night if I sweated during the day. I wash my face with actual face cleanser every time I shower which is every other day.

What could cause this? I just started getting my period again after almost 2 years of no Aunt Flow due to Bc and nursing. I do have a shitcan diet, I wish it were better, but is there something else that could cause it? Does Stress? I've searched online but we all know how that goes- millions of answers, all different. Please and thanks for the help.

(Cross posted in another group for more traffic)
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

diet, stress and hormones all play a part of  it....hell, i'm over 45,  and i STILL get pimples

steffiecox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It could be hormones or stress. I never buy creams. Its a waste of money. I use dove soap it clears my face up.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hormones changing. Try otc products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

You should talk to a dermatologist.  Maybe showering every day and always using skin wash when you do would be helpful.

xxshelbyxxx
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Lol that's how my dad is at 54 but my moms the complete opposite, she never got a single pimple as an adult.. I obviously take after my dads skin complexion. If all 3 of those things have to do with break outs, then I'm screwed because I'm very stressed lately, my hormones have been outta whack for quite some time and are just now getting back to normal, and my diet is poo. Lol

Thanks for the reply!

Quoting emmy526:

diet, stress and hormones all play a part of  it....hell, i'm over 45,  and i STILL get pimples

xxshelbyxxx
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Yes yes I know they're definitely a waste of $, I've rarely ever used them aside from a few times where nothing was helping and I figured I might as well try. But I DO use the face wipes like Oxy pads, though since making this post I've learned that these also are a waste of $ and make complexions worse...

Which Dove soap do you use cuz there's tons of different body soaps? You don't use bar soap do you? I could never do that but I could find the same type in the bottle if u do use the bar

Quoting steffiecox:

It could be hormones or stress. I never buy creams. Its a waste of money. I use dove soap it clears my face up.

xxshelbyxxx
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
It's funny cuz you're the only one out of the three different boards I posted this on that recommended using the OTC stuff rather than advising against it. Lol what makes you think any of that crap works? I've tried a few different types over the years and nothings ever worked. Only OTC I use now is Oxy wipes and a mom on here explained how those work and that they actually do the opposite of what they say.

But thanks for your input

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I would try otc first before going to a dermatologist. Prescription is sometimes scary with bad side effects. I have dry skin and use Murad skin care. They have different formulas.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

It's funny cuz you're the only one out of the three different boards I posted this on that recommended using the OTC stuff rather than advising against it. Lol what makes you think any of that crap works? I've tried a few different types over the years and nothings ever worked. Only OTC I use now is Oxy wipes and a mom on here explained how those work and that they actually do the opposite of what they say.

But thanks for your input

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxshelbyxxx
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Are you being rude about taking a shower daily??

Have you never met a single person who prefers to not bathe daily? It's a proven fact that its unnecessary to wash everyday; especially your hair because it'll dry your body out. Unless you do something laborious everyday there's no reason for it.

Isn't washing my face with my face scrub in the sink just as good as washing in the shower ?

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

You should talk to a dermatologist.  Maybe showering every day and always using skin wash when you do would be helpful.

steffiecox
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Yes I use bar soap. I think dove makes a face wash. I'm not sure though. I use the cool moisture soap with hydrating lotion.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Yes yes I know they're definitely a waste of $, I've rarely ever used them aside from a few times where nothing was helping and I figured I might as well try. But I DO use the face wipes like Oxy pads, though since making this post I've learned that these also are a waste of $ and make complexions worse...

Which Dove soap do you use cuz there's tons of different body soaps? You don't use bar soap do you? I could never do that but I could find the same type in the bottle if u do use the bar

Quoting steffiecox:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)