• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now I hate hospitals even more

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
this past weekend I went to the ER to find out I ruptured a disc in my spine. I was given some meds to take home with me. The meds I was given didn't help with the pain at all. Days later I get a call from the hospital telling me they gave me the wrong medication. They gave me something for a uti and it wouldn't clear the uti I had. I wasn't told I had a uti either. They sent a new prescrition (sp) to the pharmacy. Again I didn't get any meds for the back pain. I called the hospital back and the nurse told me I'd have to go back to the hospital to see a doctor before I can get any pain medication. Not to mention I as told to be on bedrest for a week. I asked for a note for work. They excused m from work for 2 days. I still have to go to work with no pain killers. The pain I'm in feels worse then labor. Its things like this that makes me hate doctors and hospitals.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM

you need to file complaints within the hospital, and also at a state level...what they did is NOT an acceptable level of care, it was substandard, and they need to be brought up on this...imagine how many other patients get this kind of treatment.  File with the hospital, state ins commission, and the joint commission for hospitals.   How they treated you is totally disgusting, and i hear of this more and more happening to people.   Do you have insurance? that is another scam hospitals are running too...good luck...i've had to file complaints myself.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I'd call your regular doctor, or maybe go to redi med/urgent care.

Id also report that hospital to the BBB, not informing you of all your medical issues and giving you the wrong medication is a big no no

steffiecox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I will be filing a complaint. I've never been so furious in my life.

Quoting emmy526:

you need to file complaints within the hospital, and also at a state level...what they did is NOT an acceptable level of care, it was substandard, and they need to be brought up on this...imagine how many other patients get this kind of treatment.  File with the hospital, state ins commission, and the joint commission for hospitals.   How they treated you is totally disgusting, and i hear of this more and more happening to people.   Do you have insurance? that is another scam hospitals are running too...good luck...i've had to file complaints myself.

steffiecox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I go see a family doctor tomorrow. I told them I needed to see a doctor asap. I'll be filing a complaint.

Quoting lilmama8408:

I'd call your regular doctor, or maybe go to redi med/urgent care.

Id also report that hospital to the BBB, not informing you of all your medical issues and giving you the wrong medication is a big no no

emmy526
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:22 AM

i dont blame you...i'm furious for you too...

Quoting steffiecox:

I will be filing a complaint. I've never been so furious in my life.

Quoting emmy526:

EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Handing out the wrong meds is VERY bad and not treating you for your condition is awful as well.   ruptured disc is very serious and you should have gotten pain meds for that.  First complain to the hospital administration about the meds mess and the lack of proper care.  See what happens.  If they do not fix the problem report them to the state board.

steffiecox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Someone told me they couldn't give me pain meds because I'm breastfeeding. I'm going look into that. I'm sure that doctor could've given me something.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Handing out the wrong meds is VERY bad and not treating you for your condition is awful as well.   ruptured disc is very serious and you should have gotten pain meds for that.  First complain to the hospital administration about the meds mess and the lack of proper care.  See what happens.  If they do not fix the problem report them to the state board.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I don't blame you. *HUGS*

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Most pain meds are compatible with breastfeeding.  You could take percocet.  Just look any meds up on lactmed.com

Quoting steffiecox:

Someone told me they couldn't give me pain meds because I'm breastfeeding. I'm going look into that. I'm sure that doctor could've given me something.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I would file a complaint and see your regular dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)