Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal????

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am a mother of four and babysit in my home full time....During the school year I have two little ones and during the summer I have one full time and the other at least one day a week...The one I have full time is about a year and a half so tantrums and whining are to be expected...I'm use to it lol...But this little one doesn't want to stay with me half the time when his mom drops him off unless my kids are awake or he is distracted, and EVERY time I tell him no (in the nicest way I possibly can) he FLIPS out, starts screaming, crying and runs to one of my kids like I am some evil monster. Is this normal when watching other peoples children, am I doing something wrong or can I do something different? I am very consistant and treat him like he's one of mine but he reacts SO different than mine did. Will this pass? I've been watching him since Feb and this started not long after my kids got out of school for the summer. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Normal. He will change. Around a year ny dd started crying every day. A few weeks later that stopped. She had been in that room at daycare since 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Totally normal.  He's realizing he doesn't like the word "no".

Quoting ss_mom_of_four:

I am a mother of four and babysit in my home full time....During the school year I have two little ones and during the summer I have one full time and the other at least one day a week...The one I have full time is about a year and a half so tantrums and whining are to be expected...I'm use to it lol...But this little one doesn't want to stay with me half the time when his mom drops him off unless my kids are awake or he is distracted, and EVERY time I tell him no (in the nicest way I possibly can) he FLIPS out, starts screaming, crying and runs to one of my kids like I am some evil monster. Is this normal when watching other peoples children, am I doing something wrong or can I do something different? I am very consistant and treat him like he's one of mine but he reacts SO different than mine did. Will this pass? I've been watching him since Feb and this started not long after my kids got out of school for the summer. 

ss_mom_of_four
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Thank you ladies...I just don't remember mine acting out so much and have never dealt with someone else's child for long periods of time
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I agree with the others. You'll get into a routine with him.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I think it is normal.  I have three kids and all of mine have been different.  My last one is a little like that where he started tantrums at an early age and he didn't like the word no ever, lol.  I would just keep being consistant with him and praising him when he is good and such.  Good luck with it all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)