Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what time is the right time??

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
So i did by my daughter the tv i poated about for her first. birthday she watches it when she sleeps, she also takes a sippy cup. She is 16 mmonths old. so my question is when is it time for no sippy. i am tfying to pott train her to and she isvery oposed to this how do i mmake potty traing easier or is there a way????? PLEASE HELP!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

She is probably too young for potty training.  Sippy cups are fine as long as she doesn't take them to bed.  We don't allow tvs in their rooms.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Sippy cups are fine as long as she brushes or at least rinses before bed.

If she is not ready for potty training, she is not ready.

TV directly before bed isn't the best routine. Try a bath and a book instead. You'll likely get a better sleeper.

CaptNumo9
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Every child is different and accomplish milestones at different times. I work for an organization that loves to help families. Here is an article on Potty Training that might help: http://bit.ly/14Ppkhj

Hugs to you and your little girl.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

We transitioned from a sippy cup to a cup with a lid and straw (Target take and toss). Maybe try that. It was a little difficult at first to teach them to stop TIPPING it, but othewise, has been fine.

Though they can certainly drink from a regular cup without issue (that started in daycare at 2), mine still use cups with straws at lunch and during meals where I'm not in the mood to deal with a potential spill. They are 6 and 4.

I have to agree with other posters about the TV while sleeping. I'm not opposed to TV for kids, but for us it is a reward. At 16 months, I think it is a good idea to get them interested in anything BUT the TV, but when you want to jump in the shower and be left alone, a 15 minute cartoon works wonders. (And only works wonders when TV isn't on the regular routine, get me?)

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)