Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could possibly get some advice from other mothers. I was wondering at what age can you start giving your baby solid foods.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
britmichele
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Last I knew the recommendation was 6 months
zetajen
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM

not before 6 months. they don't need solids at 6 months. it is just for variety and getting the coordination. it is ok to wait even longer.

for the first year, baby's main source of nutrition should be coming from either breastmilk or formula.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

6-8 months for them to learn and experiment.  Age 1 to stop formula unless directed otherwise by doctor.

mommy2zbg
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I started my son out on SOME solid foods at around 6 months. really just depends on the individual baby and what he or she might be more capable of doing.

oahoah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Depends on your baby.  All 3 of my boys were early teethers which limited the breastfeeding and about 4-5 months I started giving them cereal at breakfast and dinner; you can tell if they are ready if they don't just push it out but actually try to swallow it & when you first give them cereal make sure it is more runny but I think the directions on your cereal box should say. As for the jar foods I waited a couple more months.

Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
6 months. I also started with solids not baby cereal or purées. Cereal is not needed and can be bad for babies tummy.
monkeymommy1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

6 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)