• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI question****Update in blue!!!!!!! this is important!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am not sure what to do at this point. What I thought could be bad morning sickness could be an uti. I had actually made a morning sickness post in another group and one girl was talking about an uti with her. But with the hell I have been throughin the last 2 weeks, I thought, "well maybe" .I rarely ever get them. I think once or twice when I was a kid. I am about 8weeks along. Reason why I am asking before I go to the er or call my dr. because I have horrible insurance that doesnt pay for er trips and doesnt pay for my much of my pregnancy. (I had thought we dropped this insurance, but I misunderstood-its neither her or there at the moment) anyway, so before I go to the er or call my dr in the am and spend money I wanted some advice from girls who have experience with uti's...

So here's whats going on:

Urge to pee, but not a lot comes out-not emptying the bladder.

There is a slightly different smell in the urine and it looks differently than normal

I have had this lower back pain/ache for over a week-now it comes and goes

Slightly elivated temp.

Nausea

Constant vomiting

After peeing on sunday, I wiped and saw a weird color red -not sure if it was from the urine or discharge

*no burning or pain sensation when urinating

*I had slight cramps, but not enough to raise red flags

******UPDATE!!!: so before dh even made it home last night, I decided to call the nurse. She said her gut feeling was that I was dehydrated. I explained to her my concern about going into the er and all that. She suggested I start drinking water-even if I vomit. I promised if things weren't better by today I would in fact go straight to the er. So dh got home and brought me cranberry juice. I mixed it with water and ice and drank half before i had to throw up. After that I kept drinking. Woke up today, feeling alright, so I kept drinking. I felt the need to not eat anything until after lunch time-Idk, I just imagined the water going through my body and it needing it. I tell you what! Back pain-gone!, Nausea-Gone!, Vomiting-Gone!, Fever-Gone!, My urine flowed and was nice and clear! For the first time in 2 weeks I got to clean my home, do laundry and dishes, take my kids out!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Where did the red come from??? Was it discharge or from your urine?
mommyziegler
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Sorry just read what you wrote again and it said your not sure! I would go to the er and get checked or an urgent care!!!
orliesmom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Sounds like just normal pregnancy symptoms to me. Especially since you are only 8 weeks. Is this your first pregnancy?

Drink plenty of water and see if it goes away stay away from beverages that make you pee more pften like tea and soda

amylou111
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

ha, no number 4! thats what i am afraid about...i dont want to waste time and money on something that isn't neccessary!

Quoting orliesmom:

Sounds like just normal pregnancy symptoms to me. Especially since you are only 8 weeks. Is this your first pregnancy?

Drink plenty of water and see if it goes away stay away from beverages that make you pee more pften like tea and soda

amylou111
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I am going to talk to dh when he gets home from work. I think the very worst senario, I will call my dr in the am. Unless it all gets worst or i see something that shouts red flag, i will def go into the er tonight!

Quoting mommyziegler:

Sorry just read what you wrote again and it said your not sure! I would go to the er and get checked or an urgent care!!!

orliesmom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM

All pregnancys are different when I was pregnant with my first two it was a piece of cake! when I go got pregnant again it was hell I was constantly making extra appointments and running into the ER with wierd symptoms half the time they claimed I was dehydrated (how I have no idea) but said I needed MORE water and also so take it easy. I was still working full time so I cut back on hours and of course drank more water. That whole pregnancy was hell lol. I am pregnant for the last time now and the first three months were hell again as well. Now at almost 5 months I dont even feel pregnant. lol.

Quoting amylou111:

ha, no number 4! thats what i am afraid about...i dont want to waste time and money on something that isn't neccessary!

Quoting orliesmom:

mommyziegler
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Take some cranberry pills in the mean time and drink plenty or cranberry juice and make sure you get the real deal and not just cranberry flavored!

Quoting amylou111:

I am going to talk to dh when he gets home from work. I think the very worst senario, I will call my dr in the am. Unless it all gets worst or i see something that shouts red flag, i will def go into the er tonight!

Quoting mommyziegler:

amylou111
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

oh when it happend on saunday, i just assumed it was with discharge...and thinking about it now, I thought perhaps because it was only the first wipe, I could of been blood mixed in with the urine. the good news is that it hasn't happend since.

Quoting mommyziegler:

Where did the red come from??? Was it discharge or from your urine?

amylou111
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I think you point something out, i need to load on the water... I havent drank much water because i keep throwing it up.. 

and your right, all pregnancies are different! my first was horrid, i was in the hospital a few times for dehydration. i was sick 24/7 for 12 weeks. my other 2 pregnancies were a breeze!

Quoting orliesmom:

All pregnancys are different when I was pregnant with my first two it was a piece of cake! when I go got pregnant again it was hell I was constantly making extra appointments and running into the ER with wierd symptoms half the time they claimed I was dehydrated (how I have no idea) but said I needed MORE water and also so take it easy. I was still working full time so I cut back on hours and of course drank more water. That whole pregnancy was hell lol. I am pregnant for the last time now and the first three months were hell again as well. Now at almost 5 months I dont even feel pregnant. lol.

Quoting amylou111:

Quoting orliesmom:

amylou111
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I already got dh on cranberry run! no sugar either and no diet...lets see what he comes back with...

Quoting mommyziegler:

Take some cranberry pills in the mean time and drink plenty or cranberry juice and make sure you get the real deal and not just cranberry flavored!

Quoting amylou111:

Quoting mommyziegler:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)