Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moby wrap or britax carrier?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

Not sure which one i should buy. They're both pretty high in price so i will only get one. Which one do you suggest i get? I've never used a carrier/sling hence why i am asking! Thanks :)

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heymamashakeit
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
The britax is a crotch dangler so no to that one. Google crotch dangler danger. Try a baby wearing group on here. I personally prefer my boba but for the little days maybe a woven wrap or a ring sling.
teaspring
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I used a Maya wrap and my daughter and I LOVED it!  Here's the link :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Moby and Ergo.
LovemyQ
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM

moby

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I have a moby. I used it when I was babysitting. I was able to throw my daughter in the moby and had my gfs son in my stroller. I was able to volunteer with both kids because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The Britax is not a good carrier.  It's basically the same thing as a Bijorn.  I'd get the Moby.  Well, I'd actually get the Boba Wrap.  I like it better.  Also, a Moby is only like $40-$50, so the prices aren't really comparible.  I think the Britax carrier is over $100.

LindaClement
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

You should try both and see which fits your body and baby best.

They're very different and some people hate one or the other...

Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Carriers are very bad for babies legs. I would suggest a wrap any day. You could even get way cheaper wraps and they would be 100x better than a carrier.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I would go with a wrap (like the Moby) for a newborn, and a woven for an older baby.

If you really want a structured carrier, the Ergo is a great choice! I use mine for grocery shopping etc. all the time and it's super comfortable for me and baby. It can be used up to 40lbs.

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Moby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)