• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep training help

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
So ive sleep trained my baby to sleep by herself, but how can i train her to where i dont have to rock her in order to fall asleep. How do i get her to just fall asleep on her own when i put her in her crib?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funhappymom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM

How old is she?

fperriera
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Shes 3 and a half months. Well be 4 months on the 16th. Ive read babies may not be ready to self soothe till 6 months.
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
She may need help getting to sleep for the next year or two. That's totally normal.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I would slowly start putting her in the crib when she is almost asleep but not quite.  If she starts to fuss try to soothe her without picking her up.  Just see how it goes.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I would slowly start putting her in the crib when she is almost asleep but not quite.  If she starts to fuss try to soothe her without picking her up.  Just see how it goes.

I agree, when I worked in daycare we couldn't rock every infant to sleep for naps.

We would put them in a darkened room with lullabies playing quietly. Lay them in their cribs and walk away. We would listen to the monitor and peek in until we knew they were sleeping.

Sometimes when they didn't go down, we would have to walk in and re lay them down (our infant room was from newborn to 1 yr old) over and over until they slept. An in extreme cases we would pat them for a few minutes.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)