Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Back-to-School Shortcut #6: Find Your Bedtime Zen

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 586 Replies

What about your bedtime routine?

You're so busy getting the kids up and ready and out the door, and then fed and bathed and tucked in bed again at night. Setting aside even a few minutes each night just for yourself, to regroup and recharge, can help you sleep better and feel more calm and in control the next day.

GET IN THE GROOVE: Mediate, light some candles, flip through a trashy magazine, or have a bedroom dance party (shut the door so you don't wake the kids!) to your favorite song - anything that works for you.

How do you make time to relax? What's your favorite way to recharge?

school bus
Click here for Back-to-School Shortcut #7: Think Outside the Lunch Box >>

One mom who replies to all 7 of our Back to School posts will win a $500 gift card!

The Giveaway Rules 
The Back to School Giveaway starts 8/12/2013 at 8am (ET) and ends 8/31/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to the 7 Back to School Posts associated with the giveaway with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $500 gift card to Target, Walmart or amazon.com. The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/7/2013. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I read a few chapters of my book i borrowed from library.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

watch programs on demand that dd would otherwise interupt and i would lose the information on it.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I like to read a bit before bed just to relax and wind down.+++

SuperPickle
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

DH and I enjoy doing yoga with the kids before bed. We usually do a short program, send the boys off then do a longer one with just the two of us.

MOM2DMSD
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Once the kids are in bed, that is when I can get caught up on my emails, check FB updates, check-in on CM. I also like to read a little before bed whether it be a magazine or a book. It always helps me relax.
bbysqd
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Read or a
Nice long hot bath
bingogurl
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM
A nice bath or shower to end my day and watching my shows is how I end my day.
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I find a show on tv to watch & just relax or read.
Tink0711
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I read, watch DVDs with df, or come on here.
-pepperidge-
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I love to relax with an evening of either watching a show or movie and I shut it down with a bit of reading on my kindle :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN