Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Yeast infections during pregnancy?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

Is it normal to not only get, but to KEEP getting yeast infections during pregnany? When I was pregnant with my first LO I had them all the time! And now with this one I keep getting them as well! Is this normal? I don't have a UTI or anything so I don't know what the problem is!

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JTE11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's common for women to get yeast infections more when they are pregnant. Hormonal changes, high blood sugar, sex, douching, lots of things can lead to yeast infections when you're pregnant.

vall11
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very normal. I used to get them all the time with my first pregnancy as well.
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

My friend had them ALL the time.

mymommasgirl
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. Your hormones be all out of whack. I had it with dd and of I call correctly my doc jus prescribed over the counter monistat. Check with your doctor jus to male sure
karenax
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I only got them with my last pregnancy. I had them every month that also brought on spotting. It was awful.

fivegirls333
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM

i would not say it is "normal"...but it may just be normal for your body.  i am sure that your ob/gyn would have more of your history and maybe some answers or changes you can make in your diet.  like eating more yogurt.  drinking cranberry juice.  the foods you eat can really help.  i am so sorry.  that would be very uncomfortable.  blessings.

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM
This sounds weird but you can stick a tampon up there with plain yougurt on it. It will work just like the creams. Also see if you can tske probiotics this will help a lot with the symptoms.
mem82
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Very common
KEL101212
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I never got them, but that is very normal. My SIL got them all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)