Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

pacifier trouble :/

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 25 Replies

my daughter is going to be three in november and she still uses a pacifier all day and night and i go through so much trouble when she loses them all around the house and i go crazy looking for them because she wont stop whining or crying for it until i find one!

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give in but that is just me
2lilmamas
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Omg I go through this too. It's a nightmare.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this

lose them, and dont find them again! she will get over it.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:48 AM

What ways have you tried transitioning her out of them?   I would do the giving to little babies by way of fairy and the fairy would bring a 3 yr old toy for her to take place of the pacifiers.  Once she loses one, it is gone even if you find it at a later date, it stays gone is another method.  Eventually she will learn how to keep track of her belongings or she will wean her self that way.   DD never took to pacifiers so these are suggestions i have seen others use for their children.

cheard84
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Yep, my daughter did the same thing. She was obsessed. She slept with one in her mouth and three or four tucked in next to her! What we did was snip a small piece of the "sucky" part off...and every week snip a little more. Finally, after the sucky part got almost all the way down to the paci, Peyton put it in her mouth, took it out and flung it on the floor and was done. Took about 3 weeks, but she let it go!!

Good luck!

-Casey

steffiecox
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I tried this with my dd and it didn't work

Quoting cheard84:

Yep, my daughter did the same thing. She was obsessed. She slept with one in her mouth and three or four tucked in next to her! What we did was snip a small piece of the "sucky" part off...and every week snip a little more. Finally, after the sucky part got almost all the way down to the paci, Peyton put it in her mouth, took it out and flung it on the floor and was done. Took about 3 weeks, but she let it go!!

Good luck!

-Casey

steffiecox
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I have the same problem with my dd
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Just take it away.  Cold turkey. Some rough days/nights ahead...but she will eventually stop asking.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM
You can slowly cut the tips off too. Take a little bit off. Next week take a little more. Eventually, they are just no fun anymore and the child gives them up willingly. Just do really small increments, and make sure to get all the pieces thrown away in the trash.
seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Sorry I do not know what to say. I took my sons away before he was one. This was my lan all along but when I saw he had bit a piece off I freaked out that he could choke. My son had a blanket though so it was not as bad a s I thought it was going to be. We statred with you only get it a sleep time. Then one night it was just not there for sleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN