Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are some women so b••••y?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 29 Replies

I have 50/50 custody of my dd with her father. It has always been this way and never any problems. Thankfully we ALL get along-me, DH, her father and step-mom have a great relationship. I have had some women look at me like I am crazy when they find out about the custody situation. Some ask me "don't you want child support", don't you want her with you more, and the worst is " a 15 year old girl with her father". NO to the first 2 questions and YES to the last question. She also stays alone with her step-dad!! BFD!!! I know some women WANT to stick it to the child;s father but that is not the case with me.

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Because most women can't mind their own business :)
Osstie
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM
They're probably jealous. I would absolutely love to have that ki d of relationship with my sons biological father!
bpryce
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I have no idea! My mother is still trying to "stick it to my father" they've been divorced for 24yrs! Its just pathetic now and I argue with my mom all the time because she's being petty and childish.
dommad2
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM
5 moms liked this
To answer your question it's because they are so unhappy in their situation that they don't want anyone else happy either.

I think that the way you handle your situation is beautiful and obviously the best thing possible for your daughter. It's sad to me that your situation is the rarity.

Sadly a lot of dads become distant after a divorce. This tends to lend into the bitterness a mom is already facing and amps up the hostility. In other instances the mom is so hurt by the divorce she seeks revenge and her only leverage is the child.

I understand divorce, sometimes you honestly marry the wrong person, but unless the situation would be unsafe for the child I don't understand custody battles.
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Your child will be much better off. Children who their parents get along turn out better than the ones that argue. Also 50/50 custody is better than the Dad barely seeing the kids too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebugs2113
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I'm with Osstie on this one. Most often when someone doesn't like you or what you're doing -- its because they're jealous or see a shortcoming in themselves because of it.
2lilmamas
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Thats because they are being childish. Its great that you have a good relationship with your childs father.
ZamilyMom
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Perfectly said!

Quoting dommad2:

To answer your question it's because they are so unhappy in their situation that they don't want anyone else happy either.

I think that the way you handle your situation is beautiful and obviously the best thing possible for your daughter. It's sad to me that your situation is the rarity.

Sadly a lot of dads become distant after a divorce. This tends to lend into the bitterness a mom is already facing and amps up the hostility. In other instances the mom is so hurt by the divorce she seeks revenge and her only leverage is the child.

I understand divorce, sometimes you honestly marry the wrong person, but unless the situation would be unsafe for the child I don't understand custody battles.

catevincesmom
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I say kudos to you all for having such an amicable relationship.  Alotta families can't handle it.  And a teenage girl needs her dad, too, not just her mom. (In response to leaving her alone w/ dad & sd.) 

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM

So agree with this answer.

It takes a very mature women to not use her child as revenge which sadly so many women do in situations like this, only hurting the child in the process.

Quoting dommad2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured