Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Which school did you go to?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 25 Replies
I'm looking for a good college and just wanted to know where all you ladies went, what you studied, and how you liked it.
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Where do you live, have you done any college yet?

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Well it depends on what you want to study.  I received my dual degree in Sociology/Direct Care BA from SUNY New Paltz.  I also have a Medical Office degree AS from SUNY Orange County Community College.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM

It does depend a lot on where you are and what subject you are interested in. Community colleges are cheaper. If money is a problem, then apply around to different schools for scholarships.

butzi
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:27 PM

figure out what you want out of it first. If you are looking for a better job, then probably a specific trade school would be best.There are lots to choose from, dental or medical assistant, radiology tech, early childhood, welding, auto mechanic, truck mechanic, airplane mechanic... If you are just interested in learning more to better yourself try a few classes at the local community college. Whatever you think you might be interested in.

Good luck! No matter what remember that learning is never wasted

SpiritFortress
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I attended online classes through the University of Phoenix. I studied psychology. There were pros and cons. The thing I hated was that you don't get classmates in person when you need them to be, such as when they're screwing up a paper you have to work on together and affecting your grade point average. There is no opportunity to strangle them. lol 

LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Thanks everyone. I live in Tx right now, but I'm from Mo.We are planning on moving back in like a year when my husband gets out of the military. I want to get my real estate license but don't really know how to go about doing it because of the move coming up. I know it's different for every state. But I haven't researched it much.

momwriter
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to Bard College for a year (super expensive) then took a break and worked for a while then finished/got a degree in English from Pann State. I liked it but it wasn't the most practical degree to get! I'm a freelance writer now, just part time.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I started out at Community College for my undergrad to save money then I finished at a college.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Contact a local Realtor and see if their company sponsors any classes. If so ask about being licensed to sell in multiple states.
Make sure to take any extra business, contract, and finance classes they offer

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Thanks everyone. I live in Tx right now, but I'm from Mo.We are planning on moving back in like a year when my husband gets out of the military. I want to get my real estate license but don't really know how to go about doing it because of the move coming up. I know it's different for every state. But I haven't researched it much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)