Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you noticed a shift in the seasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

The last several years we have had really hot weather in the late spring, and now in August we are having Fall weather. August  at one time was our hottest month.

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Replies (21-29):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this
As long as its not snowing in FL in Feb, March and April, I will be happy.

Quoting mom2gmp2:

Don't get too excited. It's rained here all but about five days since the first of June.

Quoting atlmom2:

We had no summer hardly and had wayyyyyy too much rain. This summer sucked. I am just glad I am going to FL for 2 months this winter. At least I have something to look forward to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

surprised

Quoting mom2gmp2:

Don't get too excited. It's rained here all but about five days since the first of June.

Quoting atlmom2:

We had no summer hardly and had wayyyyyy too much rain. This summer sucked. I am just glad I am going to FL for 2 months this winter. At least I have something to look forward to.

Moe1521
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We've had a lot of rain too. I'm on the east coast and haven't been paying much attention to the rest of the country but it seems that rain has been heavy all over this year.

Quoting Bmat:

I've noticed a couple bare trees and assumed they were sick trees. Our grass is still growing strongly, though. We had a lot of rain so far this year.

Quoting Moe1521:

Yes. I have brown grass spots, an almost bare tree and cool weather. It makes me sad that it came so fast!

luvmyaustin
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM
112 today up from 111 yesterday no shift here our weather jumps from hot to hotter and we might get more of a break in Novemberish December a whopping high 80's
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM

This is so hot!!!

Quoting luvmyaustin:

112 today up from 111 yesterday no shift here our weather jumps from hot to hotter and we might get more of a break in Novemberish December a whopping high 80's

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

nope its still hot here..

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Our weather is always weird, no real 'seasons.'

It's cold and wet most of the time, and occasionally warm in the summer.

This week we've had some great days. But I don't count on them staying. :(
spotsmom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yes, but only this year has this happened in August. I think last year, in our region anyway, it was as hot as August at the end of September. Andthis year we had a chillier spring than usual, and the our summer has been much milder overall. 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

So it is opposite to what I am observing. LOL!

Quoting spotsmom:

Yes, but only this year has this happened in August. I think last year, in our region anyway, it was as hot as August at the end of September. Andthis year we had a chillier spring than usual, and the our summer has been much milder overall. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)