Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

aaaaah my 8 month old is driving me crazy!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

He was/is the sweetest most quiet non crying baby since he was born.. until now.. he crys all the time if im not holding him. He has recently gotten too big for his swing which was the only thing he would fall asleep in and now that he's too big, his crib is the only thing left for him to sleep in but he HATES it and refuses to sleep in it unless i let him cry himself to sleep (yes ive done that once and no it doesnt hurt them). He is driving me crazy now, ill feed him a bottle or he will refuse the bottle makin it seem like he's not hungrey, rub his eyes showing he's tired which usually he falls asleep shortly after but now he fights it and fights it cause hes not in his swing, he has diaper changed fresh n new yet after everything i can do he is still "complaining". he fell asleep earlier only because his father sat on the couch with him laying on his lap but thats not convenient for me i have chores i gotta do, i gotta eat, clean, take a bath and nap myself... Im wondering if maybe, this is the point where i have to just let him cry in his crib till he falls asleep? i hate to do it but thats the only thing i can think of left to do =(

I Love My Kids

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Is he teething?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Sounds like separation anxiety or teething.  Letting him cry only makes it worse.  Hold him and comfort him.  Poor baby...hope he feels better.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

ethanlogan13
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Just let him cry. He will be fine. He needs to learn to self-soothe.

Mama-Sha
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Sounds like teething my dear

if he's rubbing his ear or chewing fingers probably is

you just discribed my daughter, she's 8 months too

Its hard yes, but be patient, baby can't tell you whats up but lots of tlc will help

My secret.....a sling

that way he can be close to you and you can get on with it

theres no harm in a timeout for your self

kiss him hug him, put him down,and put your feet up

you deserve it

Good Luckxxx

smalltowngirl22
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM

yes he is teething but im not sure its the teething this time cause he usually stops fussin after i give him his tylenol 1.25ML as prescribed by the doctor for his weight but it has been a while since he's been weighed and maybe the dosage isnt strong enough now? i mean he still fusses and stuff even after i give it to him so.. could it be just teething? ive also noticed that he will do his fussing and fit throwing even after hes 1.been fed till full 2.burped plenty 3.diaper changed and new 4. tylenol given for teething 5.teething ring given and chewed on 6. being played with 7.being held

even after and during all of that he is still fussy and im just not sure what to do now? maybe he's just going through a fit throwing stage? ive heard they do that, throw fits for no reasons and it typically ends when they turn one then they get mean again around 2-3 lol im just loopy from this and fighting with medicaid.

I Love My Kids

mommy_me13
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have a spoiled baby ! Mine is too he is 5 months and he gets irrated quick and will scream loudly if i don't respond as quickly as he would like! The dr told me to let him cry sometimes thats the only way to break him of these spells !! Good luck to the both of us!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)