Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

would you move back in

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
If your husband was the only one working and for the most part his income was variable ($1000 one week $300 another) and you were not only a stay at home mom with 2 kids but you were a full time student and has two years left to get your bachelors. Would you move back in with your parents (they offered) in order to get out of the stress(of your current living situation with your inlaws) that can be detrimental to your health
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, def...if it would help me towards a better future for my family, DEF YES!!!

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Yes if it seems like what would b the best thing
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

No way! 

Mental health far outweighs financial, and if the parents were so toxic Id never want my children to suffer that way. I woult take out student loans, I would find a part time job to supplement my income or one that was more reliable as far as pay. 

2 years is too long to be in a terrible position foreced to rely on people who will hold things over your head, abuse you, lie to you, call you names. Emotional abuse is worse then physical, since those scars are tougher to heal. 

steffiecox
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
If it was my dad I would. If my mom offered I wouldn't because I don't get along with my stepdad.
diiamondmomma
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
My inlaws are the issue and my parents offered us to move back in because a great deal of stress causes me to have seizures

Quoting SamMom912:

No way! 

Mental health far outweighs financial, and if the parents were so toxic Id never want my children to suffer that way. I woult take out student loans, I would find a part time job to supplement my income or one that was more reliable as far as pay. 

2 years is too long to be in a terrible position foreced to rely on people who will hold things over your head, abuse you, lie to you, call you names. Emotional abuse is worse then physical, since those scars are tougher to heal. 

imissmydad51
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Edited it after I read you have seizures. well, I wouldn't want to live with my mom again no way, but if that was my issue with health I guess I would have to for the time being. Good luck.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Oh, then I dont know,,, lol... I moved out at 17 to go to college stayed there thru my masters degree. Moved to NYC. Worked for 10 years. Met my future hubby. Got married. Bought house. Worked for 5 years, got pregnant.... So I never needed to.  Have never lived with/ near or relyed on family.am extremely self sufficient.

Obviously, Ihave a big complex about "help..."  Lol... 

Quoting diiamondmomma:

My inlaws are the issue and my parents offered us to move back in because a great deal of stress causes me to have seizures

Quoting SamMom912:

No way! 

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I would think about it but I would expect dh to get a 2nd job, or 3 jobs. Heck my dd works part time serving and made $16,000 last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
A hesitant yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)