Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is gross but need advice

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have a history of having boils from sweating too much and hormonal changes. They usually go away on there own and I have them one at a time. Well I had one develop under my breast, I left it alone and it burst.(I have been cleaning it with warm water and anti-bacterial soap three times a day) Now though I have three with in a one inch radius and they stink, no pain, two are still closed. I am going to the drs on Monday but is there something I can do until then to bring down the swelling and decrease the itching.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonsgirl99
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

BUMP!

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Id try rubbing alcohol to clean 8t out. Sounds like the one that opened is infected or theres a possibility of a yeast infection. Keep it dry as much as possible
jrmo4
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I get those in my bikini area. I have mainly made sure to dry off extremely well and let the area air out as much as possible. Baby powder may also help during times you cant fan it out.
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Clean out the open wounds with peroxide. You can take ibuprofen to help with the swelling.
If the ones that are open are "leaking" then pack with gauze and cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Benedryl will help with the itching, it might make you sleepy though, start with just a half of one. There is topical benedryl too, in a stick, or cream, that is wonderful for itch but I don't think you can use it on any open sores. Hydrocortisone cream is good for itch and rash.

Caera
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You could try a 50/50 solution of water and white vingegar. That works on other skin issues that cause itching.

Caera
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

As for the swelling, a nice bag of frozen peas wrapped in a dishtowel held on the area would probably help a little.

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The itching could be from yeast. Try an OTC yeast infection ointment. Good luck!
mommy_me13
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg i feel your pain i use to get them all the times when i was a teen i actually had to have one cut open it had gotten so big to the point where i could barely walk i still carry that scar to this day !! Btw they easily spread so be careful and keep it clean ! GL
mommyof24ever
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Cortizone 10 cream....will take the itching away....and it has steroids in it to reduce the swelling and redness so the inflamation goes away to help the discomfort and pain. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured