Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Halloween costumes

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
Last year all my boys went as super heroes. Spiderman, superman and batman. This year I want to dress them up as the wizard of oz characters. 4 year old- scarecrow, 3 year old- tin man, 2 year old- cowardly lion, and my 9 month old daughter- dorothy. Opinions?
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I love that :) We're doing a theme too. DD1 (4) is going to be Cinderella, DH will be Prince Charming, DD2 (3 months at Halloween) will be a mouse, and I'm going to be the Fairy Godmother.

DD1 loves Cinderella and is really excited about trick or treating this year.

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM
awe what a great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto3band1g
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Sounds cute :) This year my ex husband and i are splitting trick or treat time. I get 45 minutes and he gets 45 minutes. Since I get the 1st 45 minutes I'm going to pick their costumes and i have a strong feeling their other sister will be dressed up as cinderella. So she'll be the odd man out lol
Quoting StacyO722:

I love that :) We're doing a theme too. DD1 (4) is going to be Cinderella, DH will be Prince Charming, DD2 (3 months at Halloween) will be a mouse, and I'm going to be the Fairy Godmother.

DD1 loves Cinderella and is really excited about trick or treating this year.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Sounds cute! My oldest will be Merida from brave, my middle will be Cinderella, and our newest addition (2.5 mos at Halloween), will be either sleeping beauty or Snow White with a fabric apple.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

So cute!  What do your older kids think about it?

the.warden
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I think that sounds really sweet! My dd (2) is going as little red riding hood, ds(5) is the wolf, and I'm going as granny. They're both excited. So it should be real fun!!
OliviaW.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
That's a great idea.

Dd wants to be a yip yip from seame street and ds is going to be a lego.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Dawwwww! That sounds so cute. Last year, my 4 year old dressed up as a cowgirl (we even strapped a saddle to my collie) my 7 year old step daughter dressed as a princess, and my 1 year old was a sun flower.

CafeMom Tickers

Karen_S
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Have you asked your kids?  4 is old enough to have ideas of what they want to be...

If it's cool with all of them, then it sounds cute. 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Cute ideas!

My boys went as classic Batman & Robin (they are 10 & 4). Since the costumes still fit they will be going as them again (because they asked if they could)!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)