Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you drop off your kids at school?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 55 Replies
Do your kids get picked up or do you drop off your kid(s) at school?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I drive my 3rd grader (about to start a carpool with a neighbor.)
My high schoolers catch the bus.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I drop off/pick up my kindergartener. The bus shows up here at 6:20 am and school starts at 8. And they got 5 full days a week, so they get out at 2:55. That's a LONG week for a little dude. Plus the bus comes back around at about 4:30 because they do the bus route backwards. Not happening.
hip2it
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I drop off and pick up. We are 1/4 mile from school but have to cross a highway so they send a bus. I can pick up and drop off quicker than the bus gets here.
lonelymommyof2
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM

We live in walking distance so we cant do the bus but i have two in kindergarten and one 3rd grader and a busy road so we drive to and from school 

MagicTemptation
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

They ride the bus. Bus gets here at 7:20, school starts at 8. School lets out at 3:30, they get home at 4:15.  

catevincesmom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My kids like the bus.  :-)

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I drive them both.  They're in 4th and 1st grades and go to different schools.  Our area has a primary school (Pre-k thru 2) and intermediate school (3-5).  I take the 1st grader, then the 4th grader.  Primary school is 4 blocks from here and intermediate school is 10 blocks from here.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
They rode the bus. That is what they are for. The carpool lines nowdays are a disaster. When I was young no parents drove their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I drop them off and pick them up. Two different schools. One is 2nd grade, the other is Pre-K.
lonelymommyof2
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

agree!! School lets out here at 245 and if you get there at that time the line is all the way around the school and in the main road you have to get there early to get in and out! We have to pick up tho i wont let my kids walk and no option for a bus "we live to close" they say its two 5 year olds and an 8 year old. When its not so hot we may walk together somedays but i dont like walking on such busy streets

Quoting atlmom2:

They rode the bus. That is what they are for. The carpool lines nowdays are a disaster. When I was young no parents drove their kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)