Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Oh no! No she didnt!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was doing dishes, enjoying my peace and quiet while my 18 month old DD and my dh were taking a nap, or so i thought. All of a sudden I here my DH yelling my name, I Immediatly stoped what I was doing, went into the bedroom and I opened the door, what did I see? My dd standing on the dresser.  She climbed out of her crib and got on top of the dresser and started banging on something which woke my DH up!  I had to rearrrange the entire bedroom so she couldnt do it again.

Needless to say, my quiet moment didnt last.

Are any other toddlers around my dds age doing the same thing? what are you guys doing to prevent it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Yea, Lola climbs everything... she's almost 14 months.   Really, just take her outside everyday where she can climb to her hearts content and keep correcting her at home when she does it.

We took the bottom rung off her brothers bunk bed last month when she learned to climb that... but now she can climb the kitchen table and their large play structure out back...

Just have to be watchful and give approriate outlets for the behavior.

mistressflora
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
yeah I def let her climb when shes not in the bedroom. One day shes just gonna be able to get out and nap time is going to be horrid
Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Yea, Lola climbs everything... she's almost 14 months.   Really, just take her outside everyday where she can climb to her hearts content and keep correcting her at home when she does it.

We took the bottom rung off her brothers bunk bed last month when she learned to climb that... but now she can climb the kitchen table and their large play structure out back...

Just have to be watchful and give approriate outlets for the behavior.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Wow, scary about the dresser!!!!!  My youngest has always been a good climber but never the dressers.  As for the crib I would switch her to a toddler bed immediately so she doesn't get hurt climbing out of the crib.  Other furniture I would make sure she can't climb thinks like dressers and bookshelves but setting them apart from other things and anchor things to the walls if you can.  Then just keep a close eye on her with all other things like tables and counters. 

mistressflora
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Yeah I was thinking that, my dad got her a bed, we just have o figureo ut where to put it.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Wow, scary about the dresser!!!!!  My youngest has always been a good climber but never the dressers.  As for the crib I would switch her to a toddler bed immediately so she doesn't get hurt climbing out of the crib.  Other furniture I would make sure she can't climb thinks like dressers and bookshelves but setting them apart from other things and anchor things to the walls if you can.  Then just keep a close eye on her with all other things like tables and counters. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a pain in the rear at first because you have to teach them to stay in the bed and go to sleep so it takes some patience for sure but it would be safer then the crib at this point as long as the room is completely child proofed.  Good luck!

Yeah I was thinking that, my dad got her a bed, we just have o figureo ut where to put it.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

time for a toddler bed.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Get her in a reg bed and keep correcting her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN