Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 1 year old is so different since we moved,!!!! HELP.

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
My husband and I just moved . We lived at an appartment before and we had our first baby there. We were there for 1 year. Since our lease ran out we had to move out so now were staying with his family and ever since we started living at his family's house my 1 year old will not sleep right at all, when we were down at our appartment he'd go to bed at 12:30am and sleep in til 12 in the afternoon and he'd wake up once for a bottle but now he gets up every 3 hours it seems like and he's cranky all the time and i don't know what to do! :( He falls on his but he crys or wines, he's just moody 24/7. He's never been like this ever or atleast not for this long. or he walks around crying.
please help
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Right around 1 kids usually start to change some. Seems awful late to go to bed though. I would get a better schedule like around 9pm at the latest. Up around 7 or 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Maybe get him to bed around 9ish maybe a good bed time routine:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rae706
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Is he teething?

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Why the late bed time?

I'd start a good bedtime routine (bath, books, snuggles, bed) much earlier.
clare731
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM
yeah i know 12 is late but he goes to bed when we go to bed. because if he gets up early he's cranky alll day. So if he's sleeping goood i let him go. and i'm 7 months pregnant with my second and i prefer to get the best sleep i can before she arrives so i can avoid PPD. As he gets bigger i'll change his bed time. And if i get up at 7am or 8am i feel like crap throughout the day. and i set it 12 to 12 so he would get good rrest and sleep better.
clare731
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I don't think he's teething but when he was he wasn't even this cranky.
clare731
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
but since we moved he's been fallin asleep at 10:30 or 11
jakesmom323
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM
My 2 yr old moved to our new home and I was pregnant. Double wammie. Just comfort and communicate everything that is going on;) There are a lot more transitions in life and they are young:)
clare731
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
it's so hard like i feel like im mean to him all the time bc im always yelling bc he's always screaming and i sit and cry over it bc i was neveer like this with him.
HeatherJ501
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM
12:30 bedtime? Wow. 10:30-11? Still wow. What are his naps like? If I were you I'd take advantage of him not sleeping well and alter his schedule to a more age appropriate bedtime like no later than 8. If he gets his proper daytime rest he'll sleep through the night. And with a new baby on the way I'd definitely start now. You don't wanna be up with two kids every night do you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)