Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help!!

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 16 Replies
My 5 year old son. Well lets just say he is mean. I got a kitty which I already have to give to a new home.. he squeezed it so hard it threw up. He is throwing up anf foaming at mouth... what can I do with my outta control son he has been to drs cause he is mean to people. He is just a terrible kid :(
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katherine50
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Normal my 16 month does that to all 5 kittens.
BathroomWall
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

No no not a terrible kid lol. But I would definantly sit him down and explain why we dont hurt animals. Especially household animals. Try and find fun ways to teach him, getting on his level will help him learn better than coming at him as if maybe an adult hurt a kitty cat you know?

rockkstarr7
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM
But he is 5!! Its heartbreaking I'm scared for this kittens little life. I mean it is just a kitten but my gosh its still an animal I just don't knownwhy is so mean! :(
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM

ohmygosh, i probably woulda burst into tears if i saw that happen! poor lil kitty!

what do the drs say?

tootsie02
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Rockkstarr- do you spank by any chance?

rockkstarr7
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I do not very often unless he does something very very bad. Doctors state he has adhd and possible bipolar he's 5!
echoedsentiment
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was killing animals at this age and younger and not having any recollection or remourse that he was doing it. My best suggestion is to get him into therapy for a while and see if ya'll can get in a breakthrough with him. I would try only therapy and prolong medicine as long as possible.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Scary and frustrating. The doctors have already given you options or just possible dx? Do you have other family, is daddy there, are there siblings, etc? Just social and help-wise for you...

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It is normal for a 16 month old to not understand being gentle, not normal for a 5 year old to do it and not feel bad about it if he is told he hurt it. 

Quoting katherine50:

Normal my 16 month does that to all 5 kittens.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I would definitely see about getting him medicated for the adhd and bi-polar and get him into some therapy.  Don't think of him as a bad kid.  If he has all those problems he probably doesn't really even get what he is doing.  Just do all you can to get him professional help and keep loving him through it.  With the right kind of help he can probably be a really great and loving kid.  Hugs to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN