Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I look like a troll....

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 22 Replies
Doll. Help! My hair is Driving. Me. Crazy! I cut it last summer on accident and have kept it short since then. It was in a pixie cut, with bangs. Now I am growing it out and would like it to be at least shoulder length. The problem is that the bangs are growing out faster than the back of my hair. I have been holding it back with a headband but now it is long enough that it is sticking up in the back afro-style even when I have gelled it. I have tried pulling them to the side but that looks funny with the rest of my hair. Any advice?? My husband is the most understanding person when it comes to looks, but even he has commented on it. Help, please?!?
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Aubriella
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Cut them shorter then the rest of your hair so even if it grows fast youll have time before it is longer then the back part.

Mom2Aubriella
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Cut them shorter then the rest of your hair so even if it grows fast youll have time before it is longer then the back part.

2lilmamas
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Trim your bangs a bit.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep trimming bangs until rest of hair catches up.  OR you can ask a salon stylist how to best integrate the hair so it wont look awkward.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Mine is the opposite...grows faster in the back. Experiment with styling gels etc. ....play around a bit. I do this when mine is in between. Is your hair layered at all? If not you might want to try it.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Counld you continue to cut your bangs while you let the rest grow?  Once the rest is longer you can decide what to do with the bangs. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Yup, keep trimming your bangs as the rest catches up.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM

You can also twist sections of your bangs and pin them back. That always looks cute.

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Why did I just read that in Hillary's (Fresh Prince of Bel Air) voice....lol

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I agree with the others. Trim your bangs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN