Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
so my daughter is 13 months and she has a fever that's ranging from 100 to 102.5 over the last 2 days. Me and my ex are having an argument because he wants to give her a bath and wash her head because he thinks it'll make her feel better and I've always been told you don't get sick baby wet what is the right way to go about this.

Update**- THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE GAVE HER A BATH AND IT BROKE HER FEVER WILL USE THIS INFO AGAIN FOR NEXT TIME.

P.S. I know she is not an infant i am still in denial she grew to fast :-((
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Replies (101-107):
notomatoes
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM

noi, your baby will always be your baby, even when the baby is, oh, i dont know..60! so , anyhow, when "wonder tot", also know as frankie has a fever, we give her a bath in lavendar soap with lavendar bubbles, it brings down her fever quickly with no drugs, and it relives her congestion, you know the fever is down with the child becomes more active in the tub and starts playing with the tub toys.once the fever is down and the child becomes more active, give it a few minutes and gently get the tot out of the tub, wrap them up in a warm towel, making certain to dry their head, put them in some comfortable jammies and rock them to sleep

Rajeshsmom
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Yes, a room temp bath helps bring fever down a bit. And helps them to relax a little when they don't feel well. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

A bath is fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

supercarp
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I see you've already got the answer: yes, a bath is the thing to do. In olden days they thought that sweating out a fever was right, and people died because of it. I'm glad she's feeling better.

spotsmom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Yes, it's fine, and it will help take the fever down. Give them a warm bath, not too hot or too cool. The water evaporating on the skin is what helps bring the body temp down (not the temperature of the water itself). 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM

glad her fever got better ;)

brenatens
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM
When they yell they are fully inflating their lungs. This reduces their chance of getting pneumonia :). Cleanliness is always good sick or not. You don't want to get her cold and wet, but a bath can lower her fever. Also the moist air can thin her secretions and help with congestion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)