Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
so my daughter is 13 months and she has a fever that's ranging from 100 to 102.5 over the last 2 days. Me and my ex are having an argument because he wants to give her a bath and wash her head because he thinks it'll make her feel better and I've always been told you don't get sick baby wet what is the right way to go about this.

Update**- THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE GAVE HER A BATH AND IT BROKE HER FEVER WILL USE THIS INFO AGAIN FOR NEXT TIME.

P.S. I know she is not an infant i am still in denial she grew to fast :-((
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
emsmom21
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Bathing helps. If she is scared try sitting in the bath with her. My son was terrified of the bath until about 9mo. I had my daughter sit in with him one time. He has loved it ever since!
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I always give my children lukewarm baths when they're sick. It helps bring down their fever.
If you have some chemimelle (sp?) or green tea, make a good strong cup and dump it in the bath or pour some Epson salt in. It helps draw out the sickness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

No, poor thing! It would make her feel worse for sure! 

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Luke warm bath yes. DO NOT GIVE HER A COLD BATH!!!!! It can put her in shock and kill her. Did you see City of Angels?

CafeMom Tickers

1st_time_mom789
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

If you give your DD a lukewarm bath it should help bring her fever down. Also don't cover her head or feet with anything considering they are the hottest parts of the body. Hope your DD feels better soon.

TexanMomOf6
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
You are very welcome. I am so glad you figured it out!
Quoting SueSahara:

thank you for that information I just so happen by the stroke of luck I realize she is scared of the faucet water coming out I never noticed before because I usually prepare her bath while she's in the bathroom and she gets so upset and starts crying now I know why thank you again

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

A bath is a very good way to get her temp down. Do not put her in cool water. You don't want her to shiver. Shivering is the way the body raises it's temperature. Put your arm in the water and if it doesn't feel hot or cold, it's about right.

The only time I had a baby that hated the water was when something in the bathroom was scary to him. Do you run the water when she's in the room? That's too noisy for a hypersensitive child.  If she sees the water go down the drain she might think she can go down it too. Do you have things on the edges or around the tub she's not allowed to touch? (move it!)   had a couple that liked showers. Do you have a huge kitchen sink you could bathe her in?   

pregnantmama105
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM
my son does too. but if he's hot or has a fever. he loves a nice cool bath.

Quoting SueSahara:

I forgot to say that my daughter hates bath and everytime we put her in one she screams and cries and fights the whole time I don't know if I want to do this to my baby when she isnt feeling well
muzzyh
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I never did because I didn't want to get them naked and then wet-- I thought they'd get chills.
mamaBerg85
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
She might cry during but she will sleep well after. Baths are good for sick babies. Ever heard there was calm after the storm. This is true in this situation. Plus if that kid has been sick and unbathed for 2 days I'd say she needs a good bath.

Quoting SueSahara:

I forgot to say that my daughter hates bath and everytime we put her in one she screams and cries and fights the whole time I don't know if I want to do this to my baby when she isnt feeling well

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Bathe her in tepid water including her head and it will help bring her fever down.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN