Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my daughter is 13 months and she has a fever that's ranging from 100 to 102.5 over the last 2 days. Me and my ex are having an argument because he wants to give her a bath and wash her head because he thinks it'll make her feel better and I've always been told you don't get sick baby wet what is the right way to go about this.

Update**- THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE GAVE HER A BATH AND IT BROKE HER FEVER WILL USE THIS INFO AGAIN FOR NEXT TIME.

P.S. I know she is not an infant i am still in denial she grew to fast :-((
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kazoo22
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Give her a bath, it will help sooth her.
jessi2girls
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:34 AM

hubs it right, it will help with the fever.. don't keep her in long, room temp water, and try her well when she gets out.. 

Amiehart62
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I usually give baby a bath.

this has backfired on me with fevers that were not low grade. My sons had 103 and i gave them the fever meds (they were big for their ages as far as weight goes) so i gave them the meds and bathed them until they were at a normal temp. turns out that they didnt get the correct dosage so when I took them out of the bath their fevers went back up and they had febrile seizures.

I still think it is acceptable to bathe a baby with a fever...you just have to know the correct dose of meds to give IF THE FEVER IS NOT LOW GRADE.

Mish321
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I, personally, don't do it, but if she is not coughing, it's ok to give her a bath. Make sure the water is not too hot or too cold, and don't overdress her after the bath. 

soontobemom85
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Give her a bath in luke warm water and some motroin. It will help her.
I had to do that with my niece
ZombieChicken
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I would use a washcloth.

Quoting SueSahara:

I forgot to say that my daughter hates bath and everytime we put her in one she screams and cries and fights the whole time I don't know if I want to do this to my baby when she isnt feeling well

NunyaBizzness
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM

yes, cool them from the outside in if you can.  i do this with mine.  its got to be "cool" too.  as cool as the person can take.

NunyaBizzness
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM

wet wash cloths were, and still are, a fever staple to use first.

Quoting frndlyfn:

room temperature water and then cover with a hooded towel after.  The water can have healing properties when referring to a fever.  Shoot we have even put wet wash clothes all over dd's body to help "pull out" a fever including one on her forehead.

NunyaBizzness
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

in this case, i would use wet wash cloths on her.  rub her down in a soothing manner.   you have to cool her down.

Quoting SueSahara:

I forgot to say that my daughter hates bath and everytime we put her in one she screams and cries and fights the whole time I don't know if I want to do this to my baby when she isnt feeling well

elismama2011
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Try a Cool bath, but if the fever persits maybe u should take her to the doctors
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured