Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anxiety attacks? Help??!! Update! Home from appointment

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a young mother I have struggled with my emotions all my life and get real anxious at times and depending on the situation I can get angry or cry.. Well since becoming a mother it has been worse ( go figure lol) it is triggered by her doctors appointments most of the time but I still have other triggers like men am new situations where not comfortable. I'm looking into the possibility of having PTSD from past experiences I do not wish to discuss at this time. I have a therapist I won't see her often since I don't have the money too but I do see her tomorrow so I will talk about this with her but I wanted to ask you Momas first. Does this sound normal?
My daughter has a procedure comming up on the 10 of September she may have to have surgery she does not do well being put under. Today I got very anxious when I found out they want a hearing test done under sedation but it can not be done the same day and time as the other procedure so she has a high chance of being sedated 3 times in two months and I won't beable to have her stay one night over to make sure she is safe because it isn't Policy.. After I got of the phone with the last doctor I had it and broke down I cried and shook until my current bf called and calmed me down by going through our options I've also be having gas and acid reflux all day because of anxiety and it's not getting better because I'm still anxious about tomorrow., if any of this made sense to you does this sound like normal mom jitters or something I should mention?

My post is featured?! Thankyou so much ladies to those who have replied my daughter jut went with her dad and my appointment is at 3:00 today. I am getting very anxious about te appointment and what they will say. I want help but a part of me feels like I'm admitting defeat. I am taking all your ideas into mind I would like to stay away from medication but if it is everyonce in a blue moon thing to help I will give it a try.. Trying yoga sounds like a good thing that I would be interested in and that could help. I woul also like to mention I do keep my calm around my daughter I can usually keep my self together until nap time. Thankyou all again and I will update after my appointment I will try to muster up the curoage to let her know how much anxiety if effecting me.. I do not think I am bi polar but I will leave the diagnosis part up to the therapists and physiatrist. My triggers are my daughters health, men, and my feelings. I always get anxious and anxiety attacks from those things and a weird but helpful thing I do I bake. Any time I feel I'm starting to get anxious I make something lol. Today I have spaghetti in the crock pot! Haha

**** I just got home from the appointment and I'm a bit anxious still trying to calm my nerves. I talked to the therapist and she wants me to take a personality test and then she will send tht to the phsycatrist so I will do that next week
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
Chirinos
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear ur having anxiety attacks. I know exactly how you feel I get them a lot. I am on medication for mine and it is helping a lot. I take Xanax .5mg I only take it when I need it.
sessccii
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM

yes it does i have that problem.  but i just deal with it and give myself to god to heal myself.  I get angry I start to cry, i have a lot of emotions where you do not know if i am coming or going.  I would take things a day at a time. you are very lucky and blessed cause you have a bf.  I do not have that I do not even have a person of anykind to talk to.  i am very private and i have to much pride which will break me over at times.  so there is nothing wrong with you having so much emotions gong on in your life. You just need to talk to your blessing current bff and take things one day at a time.  blessings

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I feel for you, I deal with panic attacks as well but they are pretty manageable by now. Seeing a doctor and therapist will make a world of difference. I manage mine by journaling, yoga, and healthy diet. If something is making me anxious, I get all the info on it I can.

ravenstears
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I am the same way, but it's not normal. If possible, try and find a anti anxiety medication that works for you. The right one will make you feel like you, you'll still get nervous, you'll still worry, but you won't be paralyzed by it all the time.

I'm currently rather miserable, I lost my insurance last year and there for my prescriptions. My daughter is starting kindergarten in 6 days and its the first time we've ever been appart. So I'm so anxious about that plus I feel like I've wasted her last truly free summer because I've been too depressed and full of panic attacks to leave the house often.

My daughter  had surgery at two years old, and I literally had panic attack after panic attack the entire night before and during surgery. I don't ever want to go through that again. I also have ptsd. I really hope this helps you feel not so alone! I also hope you feel better asap! -hugs- 

erikadi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It is amazing what stress can do to the body. I am glad you will be talking to your therapist. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
((hugs))

I get it, but have no real solid advice. :(
Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I have ptsd from a rollover accident and it has turned into generalized anxiety disorder, mainly surrounding my daughters--you can pm me if you have direct questions.

It does sound exaggerated from normal anxiety.

Ali5683
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I take Zoloft every night before bed. It's prescribed so you'll have to go to your doctor. I have high anxiety as well. I also workout regularly and that seems to help. I have PTSD and struggle with thanatophobia. It can be crippling. It's awful. I have Xanax only as needed. I don't need it as often as I did last year since I'm now working out, finding hobbies and other things to focus on. You can and will get through it. Having a positive support system is important too. :)

LauraS2337
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

First of all, I will pray for you.  Second of all, you are under a lot of stress.  At one point, I literally thought I had lost my mind and needed medication.  The doctor disagreed.  He said it was nothing more than stress, and that I needed to start seeing a counselor to help with stress management.  So, I called my EAP and was able to have 5 appointments with a counselor for free.  After that, it costs me $20 per visit with my health insurance.  Do you work?  If so, does your company offer an Employee Assistance Program?  If so, then I highly recommend taking advantage of it.  If you do not work, check in other counselors in your area.  Religious counselors are available as well, and in some instances they are fairly cheap or even free, depending on your situation.  I wish you and your daughter the best.  Hang in there....you WILL get through this :)

BeAmour
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Sounds like your bipolar, too.

You probably should go talk to your doctor.

My biggest issue if I'm not on my meds or when my meds need adjusting is intense rage and anger. That is my go-to, without a doubt sign that something is not right with my chemical balances and my meds need adjusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN