Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anxiety attacks? Help??!! Update! Home from appointment

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a young mother I have struggled with my emotions all my life and get real anxious at times and depending on the situation I can get angry or cry.. Well since becoming a mother it has been worse ( go figure lol) it is triggered by her doctors appointments most of the time but I still have other triggers like men am new situations where not comfortable. I'm looking into the possibility of having PTSD from past experiences I do not wish to discuss at this time. I have a therapist I won't see her often since I don't have the money too but I do see her tomorrow so I will talk about this with her but I wanted to ask you Momas first. Does this sound normal?
My daughter has a procedure comming up on the 10 of September she may have to have surgery she does not do well being put under. Today I got very anxious when I found out they want a hearing test done under sedation but it can not be done the same day and time as the other procedure so she has a high chance of being sedated 3 times in two months and I won't beable to have her stay one night over to make sure she is safe because it isn't Policy.. After I got of the phone with the last doctor I had it and broke down I cried and shook until my current bf called and calmed me down by going through our options I've also be having gas and acid reflux all day because of anxiety and it's not getting better because I'm still anxious about tomorrow., if any of this made sense to you does this sound like normal mom jitters or something I should mention?

My post is featured?! Thankyou so much ladies to those who have replied my daughter jut went with her dad and my appointment is at 3:00 today. I am getting very anxious about te appointment and what they will say. I want help but a part of me feels like I'm admitting defeat. I am taking all your ideas into mind I would like to stay away from medication but if it is everyonce in a blue moon thing to help I will give it a try.. Trying yoga sounds like a good thing that I would be interested in and that could help. I woul also like to mention I do keep my calm around my daughter I can usually keep my self together until nap time. Thankyou all again and I will update after my appointment I will try to muster up the curoage to let her know how much anxiety if effecting me.. I do not think I am bi polar but I will leave the diagnosis part up to the therapists and physiatrist. My triggers are my daughters health, men, and my feelings. I always get anxious and anxiety attacks from those things and a weird but helpful thing I do I bake. Any time I feel I'm starting to get anxious I make something lol. Today I have spaghetti in the crock pot! Haha

**** I just got home from the appointment and I'm a bit anxious still trying to calm my nerves. I talked to the therapist and she wants me to take a personality test and then she will send tht to the phsycatrist so I will do that next week
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (31-39):
mysticatgal
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Try talking to someone. I've been suffering from hormones that makes my anxiety I've always had worse. I would be worse if my son had any health problems so don't worry too much. Just make sure it doesn't take over your life where you can't get out of bed or stop worrying. If it starts getting that bad, get help quick so you can be there the best way for your daughter.
anitalynn7
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I also suffer from a lot of anxiety and occasional panic attacks, but have never gone and seen a therapist or a doctor for it. It can be really rough and I wish you luck, and hang in there and take care of yourself as best as you can so you can be healthy for both your daughter and for yourself (it sounds like you're doing a great job w/her already, it just could do nothing but help to take care of yourself, too).
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Hope you feel better soon
cecilyloring
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM

is it possible you had a panic attack? Panic attacks often cause gastric discomfort.

For symptoms of a panic attack, read http://www.medicinenet.com/panic_disorder/page2.htm#what_are_panic_attack_symptoms_and_signs_in_adults_teenagers_and_children

cecilyloring
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Also you should start taking a multi-vitamin, specifically omega 3's and magnesium, if you aren't already. The supplements can really help! A warm epsom salt bath also has a lot of magnesium. I'd also recommend the Anxiety Cure by Dr. Archibald Hart. It has great advice about both meds and lifestyle solutions for anxiety.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I too suffer from anxiety attacks and there are certain triggers but they have also overwhelmed me out of nowhere. I shake,have a hard time breathing and feel chlaustrophobic. It's been years and I have learned to recognize them and not freak out. (I felt like I was having a heart attack) It took a few tries but they finally landed on the right meds. They can do wonders but I am still a worrier....sometimes over nothing. Please look into some free counseling. I know how expensive those appts. are but every city has some kind of help for you....especially if you don't have insurance. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for you and your daughter.hugs

gretchy4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Try some massage therapy and some somatic therapy (body centered psychotherapy)...a really great resource is Trauma Release Exercises: http://traumaprevention.com/

chrissmom734
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Come up with 2 affirmation statements and write them 15x each day during a calm time.  My mom, who has suffered from panic attacks since she was a teen, was told to do this in  her support group.  It helped her some.  She tells the story about getting ready for work one day when she was going to have to drive herself (a panic attack trigger) and she could hear her affirmation statements running through her head.  It has helped reduce her anxiety.

notomatoes
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM

sorry, but the doctor is lying to you telling you cant stay with your child over night.call his buff and call the hospital at ask them if its against hospital policy, they will tell you thats its ok, and the doctor is mistaken , find the child another doctor, preferably one thats no so eager to lie to you..bi polar is extermely hard to diagnose with a tradtional doctor, because typically the doctor is just going to hand you a bunch of pills with no workup and simply tell you to come back in six weeks,you might be better off talking to a highly trained herbalist about posibly being bi polar, tackle your other problems one at a time..tackle your dragons one at a time, but bring the marshmallows!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN