Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Circumcision done wrong

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows if a circumcision was done wrong, can it effect the infant's penis from growing properly? My son is going to be 7 in a few days and I am very concerned, We have asked the pediatrition and have been to an endocrinologist.

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniandTom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Do you know for sure it was done wrong or do you just suspect it was? (if so, how was it wrong?) It shouldn't cause him not to grow properly...it may cause his penis to slant one way or the other when erect, though. 

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I'm not an expert but I would think that if it was botched there could be excessive scar tissue or scar tissue in the wrong place that could possibly affect growth.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
no,it won't affect its growth.

You need to see a urologist,not your pedi for questions regarding male anatomy
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Our sons circ grew reattatched... Needed to be recirc'd at 17 months. Horrid
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I don't think it would grow wrong. Specifics?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamom431
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My sone was Hypospadius...thats when the opeing  is at the base istead of tip. He did not have a cercumsision.He had 2 repairs. The first one was botched. They just wait till he is alittle older so there is plenty of skin and place room for the repair. He will be fine. My dork son (now 18) loves to tell me everything works just fine. UGH! eye rolling

redrose_12
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I have a friend and her son was done wrong. So a few months ago h went to the doctors and they fixed it.
He is 5 and it kind of effected him because he now thinks every time he goes to the doctor rhat something like that is going to happen.
housewifehell
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Not personally but a friend of mine's son had an issue with it being done wrong and the skin grew over completly so he had to have surgery to fix the issue.

Lisanne126
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
No, everything looks fine, it just doesn't seem to be growing much at all for almost 7. So I started thinking maybe it has something to do with the circumcision. No one else in our whole family, either side has had a probllem with growth. I just want to take care of it now before he is older. Maybe I should just make an appointment with a urologist.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Wouldn't effect growing. Can't say I have paid much attention to my sons' penis growth lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)