Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He's not paying court ordred support - How to survive?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am taking all the actionI can to enforce the court ordered support...but in the mean time how do I survive?

My mom has been helping me with child care. I worked 7 days a week/55 hours a week for 9 months. I am down to the same hours but only 6 days a week now. My mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and will be undergoing chemotherapy. She is terminal. She will no longer be able to care for my son in about 2 weeks.

We went back to court recently as I lost all government support because I am just over the income threshold. He is not paying and I cannot afford to send my son to daycare much less rent when my mother dies. I am so scared! I don't know how to manage all of this!!

Has anyone dealt with similar support issues and struggling to survive? Any advice is welcome!!

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-16):
mommadebs
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Ladies, I do appreciate your suggestions for state assistance, but my salary between the 2 jobs I am working puts me over the salary threshhold for all of the programs I was previously inrolled in.

I am not sure I see a point in re-applying again and again and again when all the rejection letters state my salary is just over their cut off.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM
What state are you in? How old is your son?
mommadebs
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I am in Virginia and my son just turned 2 at the end of July.

mommadebs
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

At a previous suggestion I am checking out the Head Start program in my area and see what type of information they provide me. :)

mommadebs
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Head Start salary cap is $15,000.00. I do not qualify

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
If he doesn't report it he can go to jail. I would keep as many tabs on him as you can. If you even think he gets a new job contact your lawyer

Quoting mommadebs:

Thank you so much ladies!!! I appreciate the ideas and encouragement!! I WILL find a way am just stressed beyond belief right now.

Thank you for the ideas about Head Start. I will look into it. I am also trying to network with some of the other single moms I know locally to see if we can help each other.

I just recently got an increase in child support and requested it go through DFS. It will take a couple months for it to begin coming out of his checks, but I also wouldn't put it past him to find a new job and not report it. We make the same amount of money and he is crying that he can't afford it. I tried to explain that I can't either when he doesn't pay and I have to pay for all of it. It is a horrible situation as he has a new girl he is engaged to and supporting her and her son that is not his. I just sickens me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)